Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Most if not all, at least those in national politics. For Johnson, who let's not forget wants to be Commander in Chief, to be unfamiliar with the second largest city in a country in which we are engaged militarily is bizarre to say the least and perhaps even disqualifying.
Not really for a Libertarian. On that we will have to agree to disagree
Old 09-17-2016, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
This thread is about putting a Randist simpleton in a position to hand the country over to our oligarchs.
The answer is "NO!!".
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Have you ever looked at Johnson's stand on most policy ? I think many Clinton supporters would be shocked. Now I am not saying you support Clinton. Just saying...

Not sure how accurate this is, but interesting if so. Gary is not you "every day" Libertarian.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not really for a Libertarian. On that we will have to agree to disagree
Are you saying that Libertarians don't know their asses from their elbows? On that we'll have to agree to agree.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Area Man

Quote:
How many other politicians could have answered that question ?
How many Trump followers could?
Old 09-17-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Have you ever looked at Johnson's stand on most policy ? I think many Clinton supporters would be shocked. Now I am not saying you support Clinton. Just saying...

Not sure how accurate this is, but interesting if so. Gary is not you "every day" Libertarian.

I have. That list is incomplete re Progressive policies, regulation oversight, and other factors for which Libertarians are hostile by definition. What they advocate, including Johnson, essentially turns the country back to 19th century industrial feudalism by handing it back to the oligarchs. And, his wide open 2nd amendment stand is insanity in a modern civilized State. Heller, guided by Antonin Scalia, clearly permits regulation of gun ownership under the 2nd amendment as I understand it.
I don't think that much of the two party system that dominates now, but what can you expect from a system formed by slave holders protecting property rights at all costs, including the rights of these Not Them. Poor white males that got to hitch a ride lucked out.

Last edited by Pio1980; 09-17-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:

If you want to know what Libertarians are all about, you won't get it from a poster or a bumper sticker. Spend a little time and read their platform.

Here are a few excerpts.

Quote:
2.6 Money and Financial Markets
We favor free-market banking, with unrestricted competition among banks and depository institutions of all types. Markets are not actually free unless fraud is vigorously combated. Those who enjoy the possibility of profits must not impose risks of losses upon others, such as through government guarantees or bailouts. Individuals engaged in voluntary exchange should be free to use as money any mutually agreeable commodity or item. We support a halt to inflationary monetary policies and unconstitutional legal tender laws.

2.9 Education
Education is best provided by the free market, achieving greater quality, accountability and efficiency with more diversity of choice. Recognizing that the education of children is a parental responsibility, we would restore authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government. Parents should have control of and responsibility for all funds expended for their children’s education.

2.10 Health Care
We favor a free-market health care system. We recognize the freedom of individuals to determine the level of health insurance they want (if any), the level of health care they want, the care providers they want, the medicines and treatments they will use and all other aspects of their medical care, including end-of-life decisions. People should be free to purchase health insurance across state lines.

2.11 Retirement and Income Security
Retirement planning is the responsibility of the individual, not the government. Libertarians would phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system and transition to a private voluntary system. The proper and most effective source of help for the poor is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals. We believe members of society will become even more charitable and civil society will be strengthened as government reduces its activity in this realm.

3.5 Rights and Discrimination
Libertarians embrace the concept that all people are born with certain inherent rights. We reject the idea that a natural right can ever impose an obligation upon others to fulfill that “right.” We condemn bigotry as irrational and repugnant. Government should neither deny nor abridge any individual’s human right based upon sex, wealth, ethnicity, creed, age, national origin, personal habits, political preference or sexual orientation. Members of private organizations retain their rights to set whatever standards of association they deem appropriate, and individuals are free to respond with ostracism, boycotts and other free-market solutions.
https://www.lp.org/platform

Last edited by Boreas; 09-17-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
If you want to know what Libertarians are all about, you won't get is from a poster or a bumper sticker. Spend a little time and read their platform.

Here are a few excerpts.

https://www.lp.org/platform
And there it is. The end game is a return to industrial feudalism.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the reminder of why I will never ever consider the Libertarian party.

Carl
Old 09-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Administrator

I know exactly what Libertarians stand for. Gary Johnson is not your average one. He's more part Dem/Rep, then either of those idiots.

Is Gary perfect ? Hell NO, but id dam sure rather have his finger on the botton then either of those other two..
Old 09-17-2016, 03:47 PM

I dunno if he's more competent or trustworthy than Hillz in State department matters, but his atttude toward domestic policy is unacceptable and I've already said why.