Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Abby Normal

I do agree that the country needs a political cleansing. That does not mean that I feel it is necessary to take to the streets.
As far as your personal freedoms go, I think you would be hard pressed to make a case against, "the common good".
Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I do agree that the country needs a political cleansing. That does not mean that I feel it is necessary to take to the streets.
As far as your personal freedoms go, I think you would be hard pressed to make a case against, "the common good".
The whole thing with the common good is that someone else decides what's good for me. What if I don't want a Prius? What if I really like smoky bars? The problem with the political cleansing is that they are dug in too deep. They have too much power, and the corruption will never be uprooted without extreme measures. Trust me, I don' t want a revolution either, but it may not be up to you or I.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
The whole thing with the common good is that someone else decides what's good for me. What if I don't want a Prius? What if I really like smoky bars? The problem with the political cleansing is that they are dug in too deep. They have too much power, and the corruption will never be uprooted without extreme measures. Trust me, I don' t want a revolution either, but it may not be up to you or I.
again, i pretty much agree with you
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I heard a economist the other day comparing the US economy to a pond. You take water out of one side of the pond and pour it in the other side, you still have the same amount of water in the pond. I guess that's why some radical right wing extremists call it re-distribution. I'm just wondering how big the shit that hits the fan will be. Will it be like the race riots of the 60s, or much worse? Will the fight be carried to Washington, or break out in every city? How many in law enforcement and or armed services will switch to the side of the people when the gun pointing begins? I know every cop in my town and I can't imagine any one of them shooting me, or me them. Maybe everything will just blow over, but what if it don't? Will Russia, or other countries try to hit us when we're down? I dunno, but I do know that I have a good woman who shoots better than me, 3 good hounds, and a whole lot of timber that I know like the back of my hand. It's high ground too, with two good creeks and lots of game. Hmmmm?
Tell you what TD, you've positioned yourself better than most. Same way with me and the fuzz, they'd put me on staff, just because the know me, and trust me. Better than gettin' crossways with me. Smart move.

They say it can't happen here, or again, but it has before.

Hell, it's been happening every since the earth cooled.

And this is the last thing I want to see.

It would be nice if everyone were to pull the sharp stick out of the other guy's eye, and develop a rapport.

This forum is like the rest of them. People stirring up shit, behaving as intellectuals, considering those who disagree with them as uninformed or rubes.

Personally, I don't think the average bear is this stupid. Maybe not ellequent, but far from stupid.

I'll go so far as to say one thing. I don't want to see the current political situation develop into a revolution, or a 2nd civil war.

Goddamn people, you think this is gonna be fun? Get your fucking heads out of your goddamn asses. It's going to be so brutal that you can't imagine the likes of what's gonna happen next.

That said...it's the nature of the beast. If it all goes South, I'm staying as far from it as I can. And I'll have a real case of the ass if I have to get involved. This ain't my bag. Course, I don't like bein' robbed, either.

Think about it, ain't we better off trying to get along?

Chas
Old 08-14-2009, 05:48 AM

No. We'd be much better off if we DID or COULD get along. That just isn't gonna happen with these clowns in power, nor the last clowns that had power. You can only squeeze so much juice out of an orange before it collapses, same with working folks and taxes in my eyes.

I think the quickest way to get over this hill is to ban all lobbying. Guess who would be the first folks running away from all this mess? That's right, those greedy bastards in D.C.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinover View Post

I think the quickest way to get over this hill is to ban all lobbying. Guess who would be the first folks running away from all this mess? That's right, those greedy bastards in D.C.

Add to that, any politician or media who calls themselves news that tells provable lies should do serious jail time.
Freedom of speech and intentionally providing misinformation are not the same thing.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Add to that, any politician or media who calls themselves news that tells provable lies should do serious jail time.
Freedom of speech and intentionally providing misinformation are not the same thing.
So much for Barry then, huh?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 AM

You boys know how you can tell when a Politician is lyin', doncha ? His/her/its lips are movin'....
Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
So much for Barry then, huh?
If the case absolutely.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 PM

this and the folowing 2 post take place between oct and march 2009/10

oct 8/09 the banking system is rocked by waves as 71 us banks fail in 24hrs
marshall law is declared wages and prices are frozen.
all crops are nationalized and federaly owned.
riots in major us cities. us seals its borders

oct 10/09 farmers in the midwest refuse to harvest national guard
called in to restore order troops refuse to act aganist
their families. the bulk of th us army is overseas.

oct 12/09 amercians embark on a national strike.
power, gas ,service ,water and emergency services are gone.
this stops comm. and the free press all media is controled
by the government.

oct 17/09 the strike last 5 days. 20,000,000 americans are dead
us government ask for un intervention