Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:31 PM

Just how tough is the United States of America

Talking to a Doctor friend today and the subject was C-19 and wearing/not wearing of masks at first.

Then we went, went on talking and then to us both realizing and agreeing, just how much this country has changed since the greatest generation. Gone is the exceptionalism of the past it so seems today. Our forefathers would be ashamed of what we have done to the country they left to us.

Talk a big and loud game! Just do not have the stomach for when it gets hard.

That when our time came to be tested as a country, make the sacrifices required. Roll up our sleeves and go to work as one fighting against a common enemy.

We as a whole failed miserably.

Just how weak and selfish the nation has become. That wearing a simple mask to help protect others if not yourself.

Is to much to ask!

Going to the beach swimming, getting a tattoo a haircut eating at a restaurant a bar is more important then another's health or life.

Selfish and weak!

Now it can be argued that with a great leader at the helm with a party that is in control of the senate. That this could of been different. With a game plan and using science as a guide.

Who knows with the amount of disinformation and conspiracies that a segment would rather believe then facts. I fear there still would of been gridlock and indecision. For the fact people do not want to suffer any inconveniences. To many live for today not planning for tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Talking to a Doctor friend today and the subject was C-19 and wearing/not wearing of masks at first.

Then we went, went on talking and then to us both realizing and agreeing, just how much this country has changed since the greatest generation. Gone is the exceptionalism of the past it so seems today. Our forefathers would be ashamed of what we have done to the country they left to us.

Talk a big and loud game! Just do not have the stomach for when it gets hard.

That when our time came to be tested as a country, make the sacrifices required. Roll up our sleeves and go to work as one fighting against a common enemy.

We as a whole failed miserably.

Just how weak and selfish the nation has become. That wearing a simple mask to help protect others if not yourself.

Is to much to ask!

Going to the beach swimming, getting a tattoo a haircut eating at a restaurant a bar is more important then another's health or life.

Selfish and weak!

Now it can be argued that with a great leader at the helm with a party that is in control of the senate. That this could of been different. With a game plan and using science as a guide.

Who knows with the amount of disinformation and conspiracies that a segment would rather believe then facts. I fear there still would of been gridlock and indecision. For the fact people do not want to suffer any inconveniences. To many live for today not planning for tomorrow.
We're fighting different enemies. Those that wear a mask are fighting one enemy. Those that don't are fighting a different one. That's really all that is going on here.

I'm of the latter group. It would be easy to just go along with the flow and wear a mask. But there is a reason I don't. It's the same reason our founders gave up their "comfort" and fought the King. It would have been much easier to just do what they are told. And many did in fact feel that way.

But the patriots did not acquiesce and simply do as they were told. They fought back - and won. Just as they are winning in the US. A good example is this:

Judge Rules All of Illinois Free From Gov. Pritzker’s Unlawful Mandates

That ruling is the result of people FIGHTING, not sheepishly simply doing what they are told. The latter is the European way. The latter is what those that did NOT board the Mayflower and other ships to the new world did. Fighting and taking risk is what the pilgrims and the rest that heard the call of mother liberty did when they boarded ships to this nation. And now, some would have us become just another European nation of sheep.

Nope.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:17 PM

A “patriot” who puts others at risk. Color me not impressed.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Ready

Oh sure, wrap yourself in the mantle of the American Revolutionaries! Ha ha ha.

Let me ask you this, does your all-American spirit of rebellion extend to not wearing seat belts? Do you enjoy raw chicken for lunch frequently? If you ever started smoking, I'm sure you've not let anyone tell you you should stop.

Do you knuckle under to tyranny to the extent of keeping government-required insurance on your car? Or have you declared yourself a sovereign citizen immune to car registration fees and all taxes?

Do you live on a ridge in Idaho? If so, is your roof up to code, or are you sticking with cedar shingles until they peel them from your hot dead forehead?
Old 07-07-2020, 06:08 PM

Freedom is a total illusion.

The wealthy have greater degrees of freedom than the poor, but their freedom has limitations built in as well.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:15 PM

This is why I can't get on-board the BLM movement.

There is no freedom. If anyone wants to die in a revolution seeking their own freedom, they will die for no reason.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:41 PM

""Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins""

Seems to be applicable in the discussion.

Very arrogant and yes selfish to consider wearing a mask to protect others matters little enough to do so. Your comfort is tantamount, the only thing that rally matters. Willing to harm others for your comfort.

Now this country does have real hero's, those who sacrifice willingly. Just not enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg right nose.jpg (8.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-08-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
""Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins""

Seems to be applicable in the discussion.

Very arrogant and yes selfish to consider wearing a mask to protect others matters little enough to do so. Your comfort is tantamount, the only thing that rally matters. Willing to harm others for your comfort.

Now this country does have real hero's, those who sacrifice willingly. Just not enough.
It's actually not about my "comfort". That's my point. It is more "comfortable" to just "do what I'm told". Seriously.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsup1000 View Post
A “patriot” who puts others at risk. Color me not impressed.
Does he? I disagree. Put away the CNN and broaden your sources. And now Fauci is dreaming up new reasons to stay locked down. This whole thing has been a farce since day one. Most of the deaths in NY and NJ were due to poor handling of patients rather than the disease, and experts suspected this way back in april.

https://www.google.com/search?client...s+do+more+harm
Old 07-08-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Oh sure, wrap yourself in the mantle of the American Revolutionaries! Ha ha ha.

Let me ask you this, does your all-American spirit of rebellion extend to not wearing seat belts? Do you enjoy raw chicken for lunch frequently? If you ever started smoking, I'm sure you've not let anyone tell you you should stop.

Do you knuckle under to tyranny to the extent of keeping government-required insurance on your car? Or have you declared yourself a sovereign citizen immune to car registration fees and all taxes?

Do you live on a ridge in Idaho? If so, is your roof up to code, or are you sticking with cedar shingles until they peel them from your hot dead forehead?
My wife and I were avid seat belt wearers until it became the law. We refused to wear them for over two years. Sure, it was dumb but we value principle that much. Now we wear them even though we are required to because we decided we should choose our battles.

And we don't have any health insurance. We literally stopped it the day Obamacare became the law of the land. We trust in the Lord and he has been faithful. And we've saved over 100,000 after tax dollars for useless high deductible premiums. We've taken care of our own health care.

Why do you think we moved from Seattle to rural KY? The politics there were killing us. And I just completed a 30x60 garage/office - no permits required.

There are still places in the US where men are free.