Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
Barcelona is awesome but I'm not 25 any more - they all go out at midnight and stay out until breakfast.

The architecture is Narnia - Dali on Xanax.
For instance:

Old 07-11-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
For instance:

La Familia, if I remember correctly. We toured it and spent several hours at Gaudi's park, absolutely gorgeous and Dr. Seuss'ish mosaics everywhere.
Loved the city bus tour too, architecture everywhere, with audio guide.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
My home town voted #1 destination in both the U.S. and the world by Travel & Leisure.

Charleston was a great place to grow up and is a beautiful and civilized place to live, but I don't know about #1.

Was 100 motherf%$king degrees yesterday and will be 100 motherf%$king degrees again today with 100% humidity. I guess those voting visited in the Spring or Fall, because it is Venus down here right now.
You do know your state is one of the 5 that the New Black Panthers want for their "nation within a nation"?
Could be a huge windfall for cities such as yours. Imagine the possibilities- hate based theme parks, leather shops, and designated knockout game zones in the city centers!
Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 AM
Ready

Gawd, what a revealing post.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
You do know your state is one of the 5 that the New Black Panthers want for their "nation within a nation"?
Could be a huge windfall for cities such as yours. Imagine the possibilities- hate based theme parks, leather shops, and designated knockout game zones in the city centers!
Well, if a trailer trash cracker killing 9 black people in a church during bible study can't tear our city apart, I don't think they stand much of a chance. Roof achieved the exact opposite of what his deranged mind was hoping for - all religions and cultures working closer together now than ever before.

But the New Black Panthers are welcome - after a couple of weeks of our great food and good people they won't feel much like hating any more.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Well now you know what the rest of us do. The New Black Panthers are a violent hate group. Welcome to your revelation.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Well now you know what the rest of us do. The New Black Panthers are a violent hate group. Welcome to your revelation.
Whatever the NBPP is, is irrelevant. Your bringing them up in this topic is race-baiting.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Isn't it though?
Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Well, if a trailer trash cracker killing 9 black people in a church during bible study can't tear our city apart, I don't think they stand much of a chance. Roof achieved the exact opposite of what his deranged mind was hoping for - all religions and cultures working closer together now than ever before.

But the New Black Panthers are welcome - after a couple of weeks of our great food and good people they won't feel much like hating any more.
Indeed. This is one of the reasons my children say they love Charleston so, especially after living in Kansas.....
Old 07-12-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Whatever the NBPP is, is irrelevant. Your bringing them up in this topic is race-baiting.
Bringing them up in this topic was relevant. The thread is about what a great city Charleston is, and the racists just announced their dim bulb plan a couple days ago. The impact of such a scenario would certainly effect the area's tourist sector, and I simply made a sarcastic comment regarding said scenario. If you want to see that as race baiting, have fun.
And, by the way, what the NBPP is, is very relevant. In the new found desire for everyone to come together, we're going to have to find common ground. Not many rational folks are going to come together on a side that's unwilling to separate itself from the radicals. I doubt any in the black community would be looking to join up with whites and find solutions if whites hadn't condemned the KKK into irrelevance many years ago.