Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The OP is too simple-minded to comment upon.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The OP is too simple-minded to comment upon.
What do you mean? Can't you see the subtleties in his statement?

Obama bad.

Ryan good.

Brilliant and thought provoking.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:05 PM

I wish at least a couple of you could provoke enough of your own thought to at least be able to read and comprehend your leader's quote. Here I'll post it again for your benefit.

Obama: "A new vision of an America in which prosperity is shared."

Do you see that 'new vision' part. That kinda tells me that Obama sees this as, well a 'new vision' for America... and that would kind of imply that he doesn't discern this in the old or current vision. Now ignoring the fact that he's had nearly 4 years to try to remake America in 'his' vision, stating that America currently doesn't share it's prosperity (or even that it wasn't sharing it's prosperity long before he came along) is either him lying again... or being exceedingly obtuse again. I'm not going to judge. I'll let you geniuses who purport to support him choose which he is being. But at least try, if you're going to discuss, to understand the 11 word quote first before proving my contentions regarding the correlations between Obama support and the condtion of being intellectually challenged
Old 08-13-2012, 08:19 PM

We just need to spread the wealth around Mezz, don't you remember? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqI5PSRcXM
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Well, apparently Joe 'The Plumber' Wurzelbacher didn't build that so the prosperity didn't really belong to him anyway.

Hard to believe people who grew up in the US can support this way of thinking in 2012... especially all the old folks on here. It must have rather sucked to have grown up for so long hating what America was all about. I guess Obama is their dream come true now.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Well, apparently Joe 'The Plumber' Wurzelbacher didn't build that so the prosperity didn't really belong to him anyway.
Didn't that guy lie, too?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

After having been on a trend where the concentration of wealth has increased, and the earnings of the middle class have stagnated as a result of laws and policies that promoted taking businesses off shore, have permitted employers to bully workers out of seeking the support of unions, all the while relieving the wealthy of the responsibility to pay their fair share in supporting the government, yeah, we need a new vision.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-13-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Hard to believe people who grew up in the US can support this way of thinking in 2012... especially all the old folks on here. It must have rather sucked to have grown up for so long hating what America was all about. I guess Obama is their dream come true now.
I found this to be helpful in my quest to understand the liberal "mind".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjfAF...eature=related
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I'll let you geniuses who purport to support him choose which he is being. But at least try, if you're going to discuss, to understand the 11 word quote first before proving my contentions regarding the correlations between Obama support and the condtion of being intellectually challenged
Well thanks for your admission that we who support the President are geniuses....acceptance is an important step in your treatment regimen.
I hate to break it to you sunshine, but I think Romney has blown it with his choice. No one wants their Medicare taken away, and replaced with coupons...even lunch bucket Republicans agree with me deep down inside. You can bet on that buddy......

Romney has made this a referendum on Medicare. I guess he has broken the Clinton rule KISS...........or its the economy stupid. By the way your OP quotes while very nice are very general and can be interpreted a million different ways until Sunday.....boilerplate in other words....

Not quite morning in America as the day has worn on....its still early though, that is the scary thing.....
Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It seems to me that Republicans believe that corporate welfare motivates rich people, but social welfare demotivates poor people. Above all, as Ayn Rand acolytes, they believe selfishness is a virtue. I guess somehow Limbaugh succeeds in putting a putting a pretty face on these beliefs.