Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Area Man

Why?

Given all of their puff chested, he man bluster and their constant fawning over "the troops"...............

Why don't Republicans seem to care when you point out that people like GW Bush, Cheney and Romney are all chiken-shit draft dodgers who only ACT tough when they can send someone else to do the dirty work?

Why do these pampered pansies and spoiled brat rich kids think they're too good to do their duty in the field of battle?

Oh, I know. "Democrats do it too." But, do you gloss it over and give them a pass when they're found out? No. So, fuck that. I think evertime a Republican is found out to be chickenhawk he should be forced to have the title "PUNK ASS BITCH" tattooed across his forehead.

A wait your thoughts on this topic, Jay.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

Works for me?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

This tough, make-my-day, rugged individualist talk appeals to the insecure who somehow feel victimized by all the $hit they don't understand (city folk, foreigners, and the simple fact that these "elitists" don't view the world myopically like they do). Overcompensating, I suppose.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:13 AM

I don't know why the Right's candidates don't have to account for their privileged exemption from military service. Could be the fear of being bullied from the Right. (do they really do anything else?). Dan Rather lost his job over reporting the truth that George W. was a deserter.

The Right can even seem to conjure up enough half-truths and lies about a veteran's service to knock him out of a Presidential race. Image if The Shrub had the military credentials of John Kerry, the same people who Swift-boated Kerry would have dropped to their knees to pleasure George W. The hypocrisy is maddening.

But it's really the S.O.P. for the Right now; to win at any cost, by any means--it's not even important WHAT is to be won--they just have to win. What is the scary part is all the nails they hammer into the nation's coffin every time they lie and bully to get their way.

The whole "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" b.s. reminds me of ficticuos organization Jon Stewart countered with during the George W. Bush desertion reports: the "Stateside Sons of Privilege for Plausible Deniability" --I always liked that one.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 PM

OK, next time terrorosts fly planes into the Pentagon and the WTC replacement, we'll wait for a he-man leftist to occupy the White House before we react.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
OK, next time terrorosts fly planes into the Pentagon and the WTC replacement, we'll wait for a he-man leftist to occupy the White House before we react.
At least a "he-man leftist" may take a few moments to figure out who was actually responsible before launching an all-out invasion of an uninvolved country.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
You mean like the one that is responsible of putting a bullet in BinLaden's eye? Sounds good to me.

Don't forget, it was the Middle East policies of the Regan administration that set the foundation for the 9/11 attacks; nothing like that happens without political cause and effect.

And if you're paying attention, there's very little difference in foreign policies between George W and Obama; they are more similar than different (except for the fact that President Obama seems to be actually making progress cleaning up Rumsfeld's mess)

I would think after all these centuries of war; of trying to kill enemies faster than we create them, we might try actually being a decent citizen of this world. No hope for that as long as there are NeoCons around. (or maybe we're into a Post-NeoCon Tea Party nightmare now)
Old 08-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
You mean like the one that is responsible of putting a bullet in BinLaden's eye? Sounds good to me.

Don't forget, it was the Middle East policies of the Regan administration that set the foundation for the 9/11 attacks; nothing like that happens without political cause and effect.

And if you're paying attention, there's very little difference in foreign policies between George W and Obama; they are more similar than different (except for the fact that President Obama seems to be actually making progress cleaning up Rumsfeld's mess)

I would think after all these centuries of war; of trying to kill enemies faster than we create them, we might try actually being a decent citizen of this world. No hope for that as long as there are NeoCons around. (or maybe we're into a Post-NeoCon Tea Party nightmare now)
Now, Brett, your forgetting that the killing of bin-Laden had nothing to do with Obama. The Seals just took it upon themselves to go do what the president was too timid to do.....

I suppose the crew of the Enola Gay built their own bomb and dropped it on Hiroshima, because those "lefty" scientists and Truman were too pussy-fied to do it themselves?

The BS that passes for "truth", I tell ya.

Reminds me of what Colbert said about "truthiness";

"It may not quite BE true, but it kinda-sorta sounds like it SHOULD be true, therefore it is."

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Resident octogenarian

"A lie is halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on" - W.S. Churchill
Old 08-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
The worst modern invasion, in the history, of the US happened under a "he-man" Republican administration, that was forewarned that it was going to happen, and did nothing.

The response was to invade two countries that had little or nothing to do with the invasion.

The hijackers were almost all Saudi's. We should have attacked Saudi Arabia. Instead we let bin Laden escape in Tora Bora because our "he-man" president would not send in enough military power to capture or kill him, because the troops were already committed to the ever so important invasion of Iraq.

He made this decision after he came out of hiding after the 9/11 attacks. Bush was a chicken shit coward.

It took a pansy assed Liberal nig*er President to order a very risky invasion of bin Laden's compound to tap that murderous asshole twice in the head and gather loads of intelligence. If we had only had that 'boy' in office in 2001.

So, in answer to you question whell: yes we should wait for a "he-man leftist to occupy the Whitehouse before we do anything because rightist have proven themselves to be a bunch of pussy's.