Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
I suppose we'll get 'past this crap' in this country when all of us can look at an African American (for example) and see a person who happens to be black instead of seeing a black person. Anyone who believes that racism does not exist as a part of American society lives in a different America than I do.

What percentage of the American public believe Obama was not born in this country? 25% And what percentage of the American public believe W, McCain or Romney were not born in this country? 0% Kindly explain to me in terms I can understand why the color of Obama's skin has nothing to do with that.
As long as black kids with hoodies are murdered for being black kids with hoodies we won't be getting over anything.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:59 AM

I didn't realize until later last night (after i posted in this thread) that what the annoucer actually said was that Gabby was the first African American gymnast to win gold. And I agree; that's significant regardless of Twodogs' inability to understand it.

I also feel duped by Twodags' omission of the context in his rant. Looks like someone's been learning some reporting tricks from Faux "news".

And Twodogs, when you say you consider yourself Native American, although it does, on the surface, make for a cute little zinger, it really shows your racist ignorance.

I'll bet you're a troll in real life too.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
As long as black kids with hoodies are murdered by black kids with hoodies we won't be getting over anything.
Fixed, check the stats.

So how do all you smart libs know that she wasn't offended, and actually likes being labeled an African American. My Dad's Grandma was a Blackfoot Indian, but I don't run around looking for special deals and handouts because of it. The Indians in this country should be ashamed of how they have sold out to the almighty dollar.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
I didn't realize until later last night (after i posted in this thread) that what the annoucer actually said was that Gabby was the first African American gymnast to win gold. And I agree; that's significant regardless of Twodogs' inability to understand it.

I also feel duped by Twodags' omission of the context in his rant. Looks like someone's been learning some reporting tricks from Faux "news".

And Twodogs, when you say you consider yourself Native American, although it does, on the surface, make for a cute little zinger, it really shows your racist ignorance.

I'll bet you're a troll in real life too.
You don't know anything about me.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
You probably think Jackie Robinson was just another ballplayer.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
My Dad's Grandma was a Blackfoot Indian.
Presuming she was a fullblood (giving you every benefit), that makes you 1/16. But here's the rub: you know that "Blackfoot" isn't even a tribe, right? It's -- at best -- a regional colloquialism of four tribes only one of which is indigenous to the United States.

In sum, not only do you not know a damned thing about American Indians, you know even less about you own history, he who is most likely Canadian.

Quote:
The Indians in this country should be ashamed of how they have sold out to the almighty dollar.
Could you be more specific? While there are lots of things to lament about about our current global culture, what you espouse isn't one them. Were that the case, living conditions would be different.

Quote:
I know you're not very smart. (And, apparently, know less about yourself than the rest of us do.)

Quote:
I don't run around looking for special deals and handouts because of it (being Native).
You're just an elitist and entitlement racist.

Go back to Canada or Europe, wherever you're from: you're embarrassing the rest of us trying to be American.

Last edited by Zeke; 08-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Special deals and handouts?
What special deals and handouts has she been running around looking for?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Special deals and handouts?
What special deals and handouts has she been running around looking for?
Your taking this wrong. Twodogs states nothing in his post referring to her receiving hand outs.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Everyone who reads your posts knows a few things about you. Unless of course you approach your writings here on PC as works of fiction and not really your own views and opinions.

One thing about you that becomes increadingly obvious is that you're not very good at responding to inquiries about some of what yo say. I mean really, I ask you to share with us what you see the president doing to divide the nation and set race relations back and all you can come up with "you don't know anything about me."?

you're so mysterious.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
... you're so mysterious.
Or maybe half Irish and half Polish. Frequently pissed off, but doesn't understand why.