Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 07:15 PM

Looks like the good people of VA will triumph over Trump bigots and racists there. NBC and NYT both projecting a win for the Dems. Yay!
Old 11-07-2017, 07:19 PM

NYT projects a healthy 8.5% margin for Northam. Up yours, Donny!
Old 11-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Living in Maryland in the DC media market, I've received Gillespie and Northam ads on the tube, ad nauseam. Gillespie, known by most as a decent, milquetoast kind of guy before this campaign, totally poisoned his reputation with his tasteless, vile ads trying to appeal to Trumpsters in rural parts of the state. The trouble for him is that the demographics and relatively vibrant economy in the densely populated parts of the state (NoVa, Richmond and Tidewater) leave him with few fans in these vote-rich areas. He richly deserves this loss.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Jerry Falwell, Jr. tweets:

DC should annex NOVA and return the governance of VA to Virginians! The founders intended DC to include all fed employees who are conflicted.

Inbred moron.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:04 PM

I think the Democrats in Maryland, California and New York need to send out colonies of Democrats to the red states, get them registered to vote, and then have them flip all of those states to blue. Now that is taking our country back again!. You would actually get paid by the DNC to live in those places lol.

OK who wants to go to Alabama any volunteers?
Old 11-07-2017, 09:11 PM

The most interesting graphic I've seen is the shift since 2016. Whole lotta blue. F.U. Donny!

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytgraphi...051776/photo/1
Old 11-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Donnie Dotard tweets:

Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:45 PM

DAVID WASSERMAN 10:10 PM
If I had to put a bet on it, I’d bet Democrats will ultimately win control of Virginia’s House of Delegates. They’ve captured 47 seats, and they’re ahead in four more races, pending absentee and provisional ballots. So far, absentee ballots have broken more Democratic than the Election Day vote, so that’s no comfort to Republicans. But the bottom line is, we probably won’t be able to call control tonight.

Wow! This is already beyond the Dems wildest dreams, and they might even gain control of the house! This a a HUGE repudiation of Trumpism.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:48 PM

DAN HOPKINS 10:12 PM
What Maine Might Mean
The Associated Press has called Question 2 in Maine — voters there have chosen to expand Medicaid. What happens next? First, the legislature will have to pass the measure. But it has already done so five previous times, and this time, it would not be subject to a veto from Republican Gov. Paul LePage. So if Question 2 becomes law and Maine expands Medicaid, estimates indicate that somewhere in the ballpark of 70,000 people are likely to gain health insurance. There also might be an effect on other states: Idaho advocates recently filed to put the Medicaid expansion on the ballot there.

AND a win for Obamacare. Trump, you're fired! 2018 looking very, very good, impeachment coming!
Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think the Democrats in Maryland, California and New York need to send out colonies of Democrats to the red states, get them registered to vote, and then have them flip all of those states to blue. Now that is taking our country back again!. You would actually get paid by the DNC to live in those places lol.

OK who wants to go to Alabama any volunteers?
Well, Trump is importing all the Puerto Ricans he can to the mainland by not fixing the electric/ water/ roads there.