Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The broad tendency has been for the Federal Government to be more liberal and less corrupt than the run of state governments. With exceptions noted. Likewise militias have gotten up to more mischief than the U.S. Army, Again, with exceptions noted.

The idea of 'constitutional right of insurrection' is a flagrant oxymoron. The resort to violent coercion is always the antithesis of 'rights.'
Not to the self-entitled "patriots" of selective authoritarianism.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:59 AM

I told Pio about the beat down the FBI gave my old man in 1971.

It's a long story. But my dad was known to the FBI.

In the mid-1970's, our next door neighbor (who lived about one mile away) invited my dad to join The Posse Comitatus. It was a regional militia, they called it The Posse. It was very discrete. Don't know much about it. My dad declined but was worried he might face some harassment from them. Dad told me "The Posse was just a bunch of red neck thugs who want to be the new KKK." If they threaten him, I didn't hear about it. In

Anyhow, the FBI came back to see him in about '77 or '78. They were asking about The Posse. My dad told me that he told them, "We hear rumors about The Posse, but I don't know anything about it".

In 1988 I had an M1 carbine and shit. My friends would come out blasting on our farm. The Posse neighbor did not like that at all. One time he blocked the road in front of me. Now his grandson lives with him. The boy don't like me, he watched me the last I went shooting about 2 years ago.

Skip forward to 1995.

LaVeigh and McNichols (unrelated to The Posse AFAIK) built that bomb they used in the OKC bombing. Built it about 30 miles north of our house. They had stored some of the fertilizer in my home town of Council Grove, Kansas. You should have seen all the helicopters, and police SUVs swarming around.

Last edited by BigElCat; 10-22-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:59 AM

James Madison penned the 2nd amendment.

He was a slave owner, so he not referring to a 'free state' in that context.

Just wanted to say I was wrong regarding my previous interpretation.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:10 AM

I forgot to mention that I like Obama, voted for him twice even though he's an arrogant MF'er.

Profiled me to a 'T'.

"Cling to their guns and their religion".

He's smarter than me, but his health care plan came straight from his Rothschild reign holders. O'bama Care. Pfft.

We're going to see nationalized health care five years from now, if we're still alive.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
James Madison penned the 2nd amendment.

He was a slave owner, so he not referring to a 'free state' in that context.

Just wanted to say I was wrong regarding my previous interpretation.
Just figured out what Madison (the slave owner) meant when he said "free state". He was bragging about the newly won independence of the States from the Crown of England.

It was written in 1791.

Doh ! It takes me a while.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:21 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
My belief system is pretty crazy. Science Fiction, someone called it

But I'm telling you straight out, the United States Air Force has the ability to stop the internet, stop the gas pumps, and money transactions anywhere in the Continental USA.
Sounds like Sci Fi to me. Like to see some actual evidence of these capabilities. Also, why are Alaska, Hawaii and our territories not under this Big Brother umbrella?
Old 06-18-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Sounds like Sci Fi to me. Like to see some actual evidence of these capabilities. Also, why are Alaska, Hawaii and our territories not under this Big Brother umbrella?
Actually, none of those things are really that hard to do if you have sufficient power in the right places. The actual movers and shakers in our government are not the caricatures you see in 50's science fiction movies. They are highly intelligent people who work on threat models all the time.

Underestimate them at your peril.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Actually, none of those things are really that hard to do if you have sufficient power in the right places. The actual movers and shakers in our government are not the caricatures you see in 50's science fiction movies. They are highly intelligent people who work on threat models all the time.

Bah. Most analysts everywhere are faking it. Real analysis is very hard work, and you know what result is wanted ahead of time....
Old 06-18-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Bah. Most analysts everywhere are faking it. Real analysis is very hard work, and you know what result is wanted ahead of time....
It's not as hard as you think. It's why debaters prepare for debates by practicing with someone playing the part of their opponent, enabling them to be more prepared for the "surprise" responses.

A car lost control and flipped in front of my house about 30 years ago. The guy got out of his car and a friend of his picked him up in his pickup.

This was at 3;00 Saturday morning.

The cops showed up and we talked a bit. The cop said to me that is was surprisingly common for people to drive home drunk on a friday or saturday night, wreck their car, hoof it home and then report it stolen.

Not one minute after he told me this he got a call that the car had been stolen.

But there was a problem...

The pickup drove by going the other way and I said to the cops (there were three cops there by then) that that was the truck that picked the guy up. One cop went after it and came back about 15 minutes later with a guy in the back seat. He was the guy I saw leave the car. He was also the car's owner.

A simple example. But the military is not the bafoons one would make them out to be. Neither are many of the people heading government agencies. More importantly, neither are their underlings that do the real intelligence work.

Sometimes I think part of the press' job is to cause us to think they are easily fooled when, in reality, they are trying to respond to the results of their intelligence in a politically correct way. THAT's the hard part.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:40 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post

You have reading comprehension issues. My post and the post I was replying to aren't about threat models. They are about a claimed capability.

FWIW, before retiring I often found myself working with many of the highly intelligent people you referenced and do not feel in peril regardless of my estimate of them.