Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-13-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
The problem is the people. Every country has the government it deserves. If what Trump is pitching had no audience to eat it up...for whatever the various individual reasons, he would have been old news 40 gears ago. Its always on the people. It was on the Russian people in 1918. It was on the Italian people in the 1920's. It was on the German people in the 1930's. It was on the American people in the "love it or leave it" Vietnam years. It's on the American people now, in the "election fraud" days.
Utter crap. But being simplistic obviously appeals to you.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
There was a time when the media by which we got our information had a code of ethics. It wasn't perfect because humanity is imperfect. But it was in place. It took a while to expose Eugene McCarthy, many people were hurt, lives were irrevocably damaged...but McCarthy was eventually exposed. Not anymore. In today's world of worldwide digital media there's no code at all. Want proof? You don't need Trump or Putin or Khameni. Fucking Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. There's all the proof that any reasonable person needs that there's no code anymore. A fucking scorpion has more ethics than Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
You meant Senator "Tail gunner Joe" McCarthy, of the Army/McCarthy hearings.

"Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
Being represented by the worst examples of our failings is nothing new.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:06 PM

Deniro is kinda a dick didn't he say he couldn't live on a few million during covid or some shit.. but he is not the first celeb to say stuff like that I remember reading something Penn wrote about Cheeto jesus and it was similar
Old 10-14-2023, 10:39 AM

DiNiro is a New Yorkers at heart and most if not all New Yorkers hate Trump and have been hating him for a long time. They have known who and what he is and were probably shell shocked when he won the presidency. When he changed his domicile to Florida, they celebrated.

DiNiro is just doing his part as a loyal New Yorker. Unfortunately, it's only helping Trump nationally. The more we hate Trump, the more his cult loves and forgives him for all his excesses and now even crimes that we would go to prison.

Quote:
David Alexander, an engineer who attended the Iowa Faith and Freedom dinner last month, called the absent Donald Trump “arrogant” and “egotistical” while praising a raft of other Republican presidential candidates who attended.

“The people that don’t like him. … When they dislike him, it helps me like him more,” said Alexander, 61, who called Trump his top choice in the 2024 nominating contest. “If they ignored him, I probably wouldn’t like him as much. Does that make sense?
Not really. People like this Alexander are just justifying their adoration of Trump and does not have to make sense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...t-indictments/
Old 10-14-2023, 12:02 PM

There is a clear defined line of demarcation of the past and present purpose, and future vision of and for the USA between Trump supporters for dictatorial authoratarian autocratic governance, and the arc of Constitutional governance under a democratically accountable Republic of enforcable laws and statutes.

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-15-2023 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-14-2023, 01:26 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
DiNiro is a New Yorkers at heart and most if not all New Yorkers hate Trump and have been hating him for a long time. They have known who and what he is and were probably shell shocked when he won the presidency. When he changed his domicile to Florida, they celebrated.

DiNiro is just doing his part as a loyal New Yorker. Unfortunately, it's only helping Trump nationally. The more we hate Trump, the more his cult loves and forgives him for all his excesses and now even crimes that we would go to prison.

Not really. People like this Alexander are just justifying their adoration of Trump and does not have to make sense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...t-indictments/
I think they are showing the motivating power of hate. They hate the people they think of as the enemy. Throwing Trump at them is a way to attack. And of course, in the culture war, they do adore their champion.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
There is a clear defined line of demarcation of the past and present purpose, and future vision of and for the USA between Trump supporters for dictatorial authoratarian autocratic governance, and the arc of Constitutional governance under a democratically accountable Republic of enforcable laws and statutes.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...fascist-threat
Old 10-18-2023, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
You meant Senator "Tail gunner Joe" McCarthy, of the Army/McCarthy hearings.

"Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
Being represented by the worst examples of our failings is nothing new.
I did mean Joseph...thank you.
Old 10-18-2023, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
DiNiro is a New Yorkers at heart and most if not all New Yorkers hate Trump and have been hating him for a long time.
Time for a little humor break? I read this, and an old "light bulb" joke popped into my head.

How many New Yorkers does it take to change a light bulb?

None of your fuckin' business.