Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Admin

Yawn, I just woke up. Who won?

I see the recriminations are flying back and forth. The Bernie Bros are united in blaming the Hillaryites when it was simply Democratic turnout that put Trump in the White House. For many reasons Democrats failed to show up starting with the VRA being gutted and on down the line.

Oh well, you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and live to fight another day.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

I see the recriminations are flying back and forth. The Bernie Bros are united in blaming the Hillaryites when it was simply Democratic turnout that put Trump in the White House. For many reasons Democrats failed to show up starting with the VRA being gutted and on down the line.

Oh well, you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and live to fight another day.
This was pointed out last night in the election news thread.

There's always tomorrow and the midterms are only not all that many days away. I'm resisting an Annie YouTube link urge.

Last edited by nailer; 11-09-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:14 PM

If MSNBC would bring back Keith Oberman it might not be tooo bad.

fat chance
Old 11-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Old 11-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Admin

Joint Statement from California Legislative Leaders on Result of Presidential Election
Wednesday, November 09, 2016
SACRAMENTO – California Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) and California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon (D-Paramount) released the following statement on the results of the President election:

"Today, we woke up feeling like strangers in a foreign land, because yesterday Americans expressed their views on a pluralistic and democratic society that are clearly inconsistent with the values of the people of California.
We have never been more proud to be Californians.
By a margin in the millions, Californians overwhelmingly rejected politics fueled by resentment, bigotry, and misogyny.
The largest state of the union and the strongest driver of our nation’s economy has shown it has its surest conscience as well.
California is – and must always be – a refuge of justice and opportunity for people of all walks, talks, ages and aspirations – regardless of how you look, where you live, what language you speak, or who you love.****
California has long set an example for other states to follow. And California will defend its people and our progress. We are not going to allow one election to reverse generations of progress at the height of our historic diversity, scientific advancement, economic output, and sense of global responsibility.
We will be reaching out to federal, state and local officials to evaluate how a Trump Presidency will potentially impact federal funding of ongoing state programs, job-creating investments reliant on foreign trade, and federal enforcement of laws affecting the rights of people living in our state. We will maximize the time during the presidential transition to defend our accomplishments using every tool at our disposal.
While Donald Trump may have won the presidency, he hasn’t changed our values. America is greater than any one man or party. We will not be dragged back into the past. We will lead the resistance to any effort that would shred our social fabric or our Constitution.
California was not a part of this nation when its history began, but we are clearly now the keeper of its future."
###

Old 11-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Rational Anarchist

Maybe Californian's will start using the we should secede whine that is popular here.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Maybe Californian's will start using the we should secede whine that is popular here.
Californians aren't some shit kicking wannabe cowpokes. We will simply turn Tejas blue.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
So you bundled yourselves with racists, xenophobes, the greedy and the egocentric by choice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
It's a cultural thing.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Eegads. Madame Tussaud's is preparing a Trump figure:

Sophie Crudgington inserts Yak hairs onto an unfinished wax figure of President-elect Donald Trump at the Madame Tussauds studio in West London on Wednesday. Trump's wax figure will be revealed in January.
The sculptor must really hate Trump. That is one evil looking face!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:57 PM

Mebbe now is a good time to websearch "Donald Trump" and see what we get, remembering the Brexit tantrum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk