Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:11 PM

For your consideration.

https://mises.org/daily/6585/The-NAFTA-Myth

The truth be know, I merely skimmed this article, but my brief assessment is that it does merit a certain amount of consideration. Perhaps I'll review it at length tomorrow.

But tonight I've bigger fish to fry.

I've just moved my Klipsch Quartets with the mandatory Crites upgrades to the closet, and reinstalled the Hornshoppes with the FT-17 super tweets to the living room. I'm currently conducting a critical evaluation between the two.

A most difficult process. One which requires the proper playlist, fine tuning the controls to the sub...but most importantly achieving the PRECISE level of inebriation required for such a task.

Besides, those Fostex 126EN's are a lot like me. It takes 'em a little while to loosen up...and they ain't hit a lick for over a year.

So far, I like what I hear. They still have that "to die for for" midrange, something the Klipsch's, for all of their positive attributes could never quite achieve. Time to dust off some vinyl.

And thanks for humoring me, you collection of malcontents!!!

Chas
Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Admin

Enjoy, you curmudgeonly old fart. Sounds like a good evening.

Listening to Santana's Supernatural, try it - you might like it.

Last edited by bobabode; 12-01-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:41 PM

for nice mid-range KEF 104/2s are outstanding...but as all speakers I am sure there is another area where they lack...

at least you have some great speakers Chas

I am at the point where I burnt out on it all...I am not going to take anything home unless they are holy grail from now on

those ar3s that are worth a ton, altec model 19, klh model nines,
Old 12-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Admin

Running out of room, Ice? <grin>
Old 12-01-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Running out of room, Ice? <grin>
yep
but

after awhile there are diminishing returns
Old 12-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post

I am at the point where I burnt out on it all...I am not going to take anything home unless they are holy grail from now on

Me too. I have three vintage turntables with issues and I am tired of fixing shit.

A humming Luxman, a B&O with a dead channel and a Revox that won't track right. And that linear arm on the Revox is a pain to work on. The B&O is even worse.

As to the OP.....yeah Nafta has been a disaster.....a BIPARTISAN disaster. And all the agreements made with Japan did was force the Japanese to move their manufacturing base to China with ours, creating misery both here and in Japan. Ross Perot was right. If the NAFTA agreement had actually lifted the Mexican people out of poverty, at least someone would have gained something, but it didn't because of the Mexican governments brutal attitude towards labor, which explains why Republicans also support the law.

We're next, Because the "Right" in "Right to Work" has nothing to do with workers rights. It's all about the employers right to replace uppity servants.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-01-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Me too. I have three vintage turntables with issues and I am tired of fixing shit.

A humming Luxman, a B&O with a dead channel and a Revox that won't track right. And that linear arm on the Revox is a pain to work on. The B&O is even worse.

As to the OP.....yeah Nafta has been a disaster.....a BIPARTISAN disaster. And all the agreements made with Japan did was force the Japanese to move their manufacturing base to China with ours, creating misery both here and in Japan. Ross Perot was right. If the NAFTA agreement had actually lifted the Mexican people out of poverty, at least someone would have gained something, but it didn't because of the Mexican governments brutal attitude towards labor, which explains why Republicans also support the law.

We're next, Because the "Right" in "Right to Work" has nothing to do with workers rights. It's all about the employers right to replace uppity servants.

Dave
I've got a pile of reel to reels like that.

The only turntables I use anymore are a couple of old Rega's. Not too much to go wrong with them.

Ross was right about SHAFTA. And for his efforts he was attacked by both sides, portrayed as a lunatic by the media, and driven from the national stage.

He was also right about the crazy aunt in the basement. But since she's crawled out the window and is standing out front on the sidewalk, she's no longer crazy.

Now she's so brilliant that mere mortals such as ourselves are unable to understand her ravings.

Chas
Old 12-01-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
for nice mid-range KEF 104/2s are outstanding...but as all speakers I am sure there is another area where they lack...

at least you have some great speakers Chas

I'm afraid my little hobby has grown into a fetish.

At times I think I should grow up, sell everything, and conduct myself as a rational adult would...invest the money in CD's or the market.

Chas
Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 AM

I read an article that says its better to move money from the stock market because it is only a matter of time before a downturn happens....who knows

my grandfather always said do not be the richest man in the graveyard. I translate that as to enjoy my speakers while I can,
Old 12-01-2013, 10:12 AM
reflexionar

Here is part of my evolution from Klipsch.

Cornwalls got replaced by Monitor Audio Silver 9i.

...and the latest living room upgrade. Heathkit/Sansui to MA6100/MR74

The TD-145/M20FL super got replaced by a HK T60/AT440/occ. Don't have pics of that yet.