Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM

Little businesses around here that can get start up funding are doing well no thanks to the alleged job creator elites and their money grubbing bankers. I saw more bad news for the GOP in Reuters this morning. I wonder what they will do to counter it?
Quote:
Employment rose faster than expected in April and hiring was much stronger than previously thought in the prior two months, a sign of resilience that should help the economy absorb the blow from belt-tightening in Washington.

Nonfarm payrolls rose by 165,000 jobs last month and the unemployment rate fell to 7.5 percent, the lowest level since December 2008, the Labor Department said on Friday. The job counts for February and March were revised up by a net 114,000.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9410LX20130503

Carl
Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Admin

Defund the Labor department? I'm sure that Rove and his acolytes are already screamimg that the black dude cooked the books.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I'm not giving out passes to anyone, I don't work at the movie theater.
I'm just saying it's not usually the owner who's the asshole, he just knows how to hire and manipulate the assholes, leaving him free to act like a nice guy, which of course he's not.
If you work for a small enough company, the owner is the boss and he's much less likely to treat you badly. This is where all the regulations hurts the common man. Small businesses with decent bosses/owners can't compete. They can't afford the lawyers and accountants and etc. to meet all the regulations. So, the little biz folds up and you end up working for the huge corporation, and get treated like shit.
But, get paid better. Which is the whole point of working....... I'm tough, I can take quite a bit of bullshit if the money is right. So, boo hoo for the small business guy. Looks like he loses again. Sometimes life is just sucks like that. They can just learn to act like grown-ups and deal with it.

I'm sick and tired of whiney businessmen asking what we'll give up so they can be happy. Fuck that. Whoever told them life was easy and that the rest of the world owes them so much is a liar. (Would that have been St. Ronnie?)

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.