Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Oh yeh...Obama's sideways economy, eh?

If you people would change your attitude and decide that since this is the greatest country in the world, that it's fucking worth paying for...maybe we won't have a problem paying for whatever entitlements the people of this country want. Because the people, the huge majority of the people, want Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and the smart ones want the Medicare for everybody in the country, not just geezers like me. But no...Taxed Enough Already bullshit is the only thing we've heard out of you people since St. Ronnie's advisers realized that the GOP could live off the tax cut platform for the next 30 or 40 years. Either the country is worth paying for, or it's not. What I hear from you people is that it's not. Americans want what they want, they want it right now, and they want somebody else to pay for it. And the rich want that, just as much as anybody else.

How do we intend to pay for it? First thing we do is...everybody pays their fair share. People with an income (wages or salaries, bonuses, and capital gains) in excess of a quarter of a million dollars a year should not be, and should never have been allowed to pay a smaller percentage of their income in federal income taxes than people eking out a middle class living. People earning in excess of a million dollars a year should be paying even more. There's plenty of money in the country. Everybody pays their fair share in taxes...and we do some other stuff...for instance we decide that we don't need 11 goddamn active carrier groups, when every one of our allies seems to do fine with one or two. We decide we don't need any more federally subsidized fucking NFL stadiums. And we decide we don't need any more corporate welfare. Corporatists complain their fat asses off all day long about the corporate federal income tax schedule...when it turns out that all the corporate welfare they get in combination with tax loopholes available end up, in reality, finding American corporations paying no more in taxes than corporations in pretty much any other country in the world. And the only reason why there are lower corporate tax rates in the EU than here is because the citizens pay higher income tax rates in the EU than here. But you people...you want it both ways, low corporate tax schedule, low personal tax schedule...you're nuts.

And since you brought the ridculous "state to state" movement...this particularly applies to American corporations. What happens when I'm king...y'know how when you go buy a car across the state line because the sales taxes are lower, you have to pay sales tax at the level in the state of your legal residence? Here's the first federal law I would pass...no more corporations deciding to move from Hogansville to Opelika because Alabama promised them no state income tax for 5 years. You move your company from Hogansville to Opelika for the next 10 years you pay what you were paying in Hogansville. See how often we have corporations jumping states every 3 years anymore. Teacher pensions aren't bankrupting the states...tax deals from vote whoring state legislators who want to tell the ignorant electorate they "created jobs" in their state are the ones bankrupting the states with their "10 year no tax" deals with corporate America. American corporations have state governments in their pocket and are playing the American people for the chumps they are. Actually if I were king, there wouldn't be any more state taxes. The states would no longer have tax levying authority. There's a bunch of other stuff states would no longer have authority over either...and the first thing would be education.

And please, don't worry about using all the words in the vernacular to make me comfortable, zero. You have to actually fucking enjoy using all the words at our disposal it to make it work for you.
Well, with all that regurgitation of what somebody else has said, how much more tax are YOU willing to pay. No wait, you are already paying your fair share. Right. You want somebody else to pay more. Typical lefty.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Area Man

Well stated, Ike.

How do you keep the greediest among us happy, when the only thing that ever makes them happy is-----MORE? What, we keep going until three individuals have it all and the rest of us starve, simply because asking them to contribute offends and upsets them?

Oh, please.............

Dave
Old 09-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Well, with all that regurgitation of what somebody else has said, how much more tax are YOU willing to pay. No wait, you are already paying your fair share. Right. You want somebody else to pay more. Typical lefty.
Since you brought up the subject of paying more taxes, I'm currently paying out about a grand a month to Blue Cross Blue Shield for Health Insurance. I would jump at the chance to pay that $12,000 a year in additional taxes to the Federal Government instead in order to have a health care system like Canada, France, or the UK has instead of the fucked up mess we have here.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Canada used to do that for the Old Age Pension then they got smart. They eliminated all the paperwork and crap that went with it. They gave the pension to everyone over 65 and if you were rich they simply took it back in income tax. Since Internal Revenue already had the Income tax system in place they saved money.
As in Canada, each month the IRS takes its cut of my pension. Unlike in Canada, I'm not rich.

Last edited by nailer; 09-15-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
As in Canada, each month the IRS takes its cut of my pension. Unlike in Canada, I'm not rich.
Blue Cross Blue Shield takes a Helluva lot more out of my pension each month than the IRS does.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Rational Anarchist

I voluntarily pay BCBS. The IRS extraction is coerced (no pay = jail time), not that I'm taking umbrage with paying taxes. I wouldn't complain too much if the rates were pre Bush 2.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Since you brought up the subject of paying more taxes, I'm currently paying out about a grand a month to Blue Cross Blue Shield for Health Insurance. I would jump at the chance to pay that $12,000 a year in additional taxes to the Federal Government instead in order to have a health care system like Canada, France, or the UK has instead of the fucked up mess we have here.
..................and it's coverage that you cannot lose, and no asshole employer can fuck with.

But, you and I are the ones that don't "get it". Well, I guess if you ARE an employer, you might want to have that tool at your disposal. Could explain why so many of them LOVE the employer provided system? Ya think?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-16-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I used to pay health insurance for about 20 families. It was about $65,000 a year at the time. I can remember going out and buying insurance when I turned 18. Never occurred to me that it was somebody else's responsibility.
Difference between me and you.

Wait, I forgot to put fuck, shit , cunt, piss in there to get on your level.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
..................and it's coverage that you cannot lose, and no asshole employer can fuck with.

But, you and I are the ones that don't "get it". Well, I guess if you ARE an employer, you might want to have that tool at your disposal. Could explain why so many of them LOVE the employer provided system? Ya think?

Dave
Employer provided health insurance got started back in the day when there was a wage freeze in effect. It was done, as were all other benefits, to give the employer a leg up over his competitors. None of that stuff was done because the employer was Saint Nicholas.

For our junkless friend Canada, France and other countries realize that people are their greatest natural resource so they look after that resource. We all paid into a common pool, it was not freeloading as you try to imply The big difference is that the country is the health insurance provider. The civil servants running it get decent but not obscene salaries unlike the CEOs of Aetna, United Healthcare, Kaiser Permanente, etc.

Last edited by merrylander; 09-16-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Employer provided health insurance got started back in the day when there was a wage freeze in effect. It was done, as were all other benefits, to give the employer a leg up over his competitors. None of that stuff was done because the employer was Saint Nicholas.

For our junkless friend Canada, France and other countries realize that people are their greatest natiral resource so they look after that resource. We all paid into a common pool, it was not freeloading as you try to imply The big difference is that the country is the health insurance provider. The civil servants running it get decent but not obscene salaries unlike the CEOs of Aetna, United Healthcare, Kaiser Permanente, etc.
Exactly. Thanks again, Rob.

Dave