Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-19-2023, 01:19 PM
Banned

One last reminder of the realities of the West Bank and Gaza. Prior to the 1967 war, the West Bank had been annexed by Jordan (in 1950), and Gaza had been annexed by Egypt (in 1948). Palestinians complained that these were Palestinian "homelands" and should be theirs, sometimes bitterly, but to no avail. Were there Palestinian uprisings and/or terrorist attacks perped on the Jordanians or the Egyptians? No...there were not. Palestinians were offered Jordanian or Egyptian citizenship, just as Palestinians were offere Israeli citizenship after the 1967 war. Most West Bank and Gazan Palestinians accepted Jordanian or Egyptian citizenship, apparently deciding there was no need for a Palestinian state anymore. The Palestinian state was only necessary after the annexation was by Jews.

Thats the story...that's it.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-19-2023 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I've been saying all along, Bibi is the Donald Trump of Israel. Which makes him a bad guy. But on the continuum of bad guys is he as bad as...

Sinwar? No.
Deif? No.
Issa? No.
Meshaal? No.
RFK, Jr.? Fuck no.

I'm also pretty fucking tired of hearing liberal Jews, rabbinical Jews, and other Jews, their gnashing of teeth, tearing of hair, and other Jewish guilt ridden bullshit that finds the accusing Israelis of "genocide" in Gaza. There is only one group resonsible for what is going on in Gaza now, and what has been goin on in Gaza since 1987...and that is Hamas.
It would be great if the situation was a simple as you portray it to be. Having been to Israel several times including the West Bank (totally ~6 weeks), having a son and daughter-in-law living there for years and working for State convinces me otherwise.

There is blame to go around when it comes to the intransigence of both sides in seeking a peace solution. You recall that an Israeli PM (Rabin) was murdered by a far-right Israeli for wanting to seek peace, eh?
Old 10-19-2023, 02:45 PM

I think we will all agree that now is not the time to make attempts at fixing the underlying issues with Israel and Palestinians.

Taking on too much trying to accomplish in a time of tension is never a good way. Dial back to a point cool heads prevail.

Yes there is plenty of blame associated with this on going issue. One that needs a conscious agreement by those effected. Again when there is not a threat of impending doom for many.

Causing yet another reaction....
Old 10-19-2023, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It would be great if the situation was a simple as you portray it to be. Having been to Israel several times including the West Bank (totally ~6 weeks), having a son and daughter-in-law living there for years and working for State convinces me otherwise.

There is blame to go around when it comes to the intransigence of both sides in seeking a peace solution. You recall that an Israeli PM (Rabin) was murdered by a far-right Israeli for wanting to seek peace, eh?
"Intransigence" is the key word.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:25 PM

Intransigence...

I use the what if to explain Israel and Palestinian issues.

Let say the world thru shame guilt righting a wrong decides to force upon lets say the state of Kentucky to become a Native American state. Displacing all who are not Native American to accept this decree.

Just how well do you think the current inhabitants will feel, add years of this decree to the mix...
Old 10-20-2023, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

Look finn...having grown up in Jewish household....I had relationships with family and friends of my adoptive parents who went through Kristallnacht in Germany and worse in Poland. Two that I know of who survived the camps. People lost family members, and a few of them, every fucking family member they had at the hands of fucking terrorists. I saw how they looked when discussing these things with my parents. You got your background and I got mine. So...I am sick of fucking hearing goddam liberal Jews and rabbinical Jews, or any other fucking guilt driven Jews on fucking NPR accusing Israel of genocide. Calling Israelis, their own fucking people who don't know when the next Hamas rocket is gonna blow them to pieces, "zionazis", and calling the situation there "Israel apartheid." They may be Jews, but most of them are American Jews, too young to have had any direct experience with anybody who survived or lived through the holocaust, and who lived in some fucking American suburb their whole fucking lives. It's bullshit.

The day Gazan Palestinians, all two million of them, announce that the Hamas suicide bombings, the Hamas rocket attacks, the Hamas mortar attacks are over... everything starts getting better for the two million Gazans, and right away. Gonna happen ever? Fuck no. Why? Because they're too afraid of Hamas? Afraid of being tortured and dragged through the streets of Gaza City by their ankles until their bodies fall apart. If that's the case, it's their fucking problem, it's not the problem of Israeli Jews who have been trying to minimize the murdering of innocent Israeli Jews since the goddamn partition.

Reckon if Ukraine had the capacity to carry out airstrikes in Moscow neighborhoods, like the fucking Russians are doing in Ukraine? Would American Jews start accusing Ukraine of Russian genocide? My ass. I'm so pissed off about this shit, I want to go slap some pompous ass preaching rabbi.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-20-2023 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-20-2023, 07:56 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
"Intransigence" is the key word.
Over the years I have had long conversations with members of the settler factions and their thing is "Occupy and secure the land". That is it.
Old 10-20-2023, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Over the years I have had long conversations with members of the settler factions and their thing is "Occupy and secure the land". That is it.
That is it because it's their land. No less than the West Bank was Jordanian land between 1050 and 1967. No less than Gaza was Egyptian land between 1948 and 1967. That's how it goes in the Holy Land. The only people who annexed any land who have been subjected to war and terrorism are Jews. The only people who get accused of apartheid and genocide are Jews.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-20-2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-20-2023, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Hamas was created and funded by Israeli intelligence.

I doubt that over the years it would lose all its contacts with Hamas.
now that's truly absurd
Old 10-20-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Hamas was created and funded by Israeli intelligence.

I doubt that over the years it would lose all its contacts with Hamas.

Call BS!

Can not believe anyone believes or spouts such horse $hit!!