Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Tom Joad's Avatar
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Persona non grata
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
The bigger problem IMO is that most of the mainstream media has been giving us fake news for years in order to manipulate the public into believing the horse shit that the government and their Corporate Overlord owners want us the believe.
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-2016, 08:10 AM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The bigger problem IMO is that most of the mainstream media has been giving us fake news for years in order to manipulate the public into believing the horse shit that the government and their Corporate Overlord owners want us the believe.
It's idiotic beliefs/attitudes like this being sold by the Limbaughs of the world that have largely caused people to believe fake news. You now sound like Sarah Palin.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-06-2016, 09:32 AM
MrPots MrPots is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The bigger problem IMO is that most of the mainstream media has been giving us fake news for years in order to manipulate the public into believing the horse shit that the government and their Corporate Overlord owners want us the believe.
The media parrots the politicians who must make up wedge issues to win elections.
__________________
It occurs to me that republicans seem to view black, Mexican, LGBT, Muslims and poor people in the same light as Nazi Germans once viewed Jewish people. We must be vigilant that it goes no further.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 AM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It's idiotic beliefs/attitudes like this being sold by the Limbaughs of the world that have largely caused people to believe fake news. You now sound like Sarah Palin.
People have been believing fake news long before there was news.
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Tom Joad's Avatar
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Persona non grata
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It's idiotic beliefs/attitudes like this being sold by the Limbaughs of the world that have largely caused people to believe fake news. You now sound like Sarah Palin.
It's the idiotic beliefs like "Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction", "Lehman Brothers is too big to fail", "Tax Cuts create jobs", "Social Security is going bankrupt", "Universal Health Care is a pixie dust dream", and "a 1250 square foot 3/2 starter home is worth $335,000", that were sold to us by the establishments propaganda machine that are the source of our problems.
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:33 AM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It's the idiotic beliefs like "Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction", "Lehman Brothers is too big to fail", "Tax Cuts create jobs", "Social Security is going bankrupt", "Universal Health Care is a pixie dust dream", and "a 1250 square foot 3/2 starter home is worth $335,000", that were sold to us by the establishments propaganda machine that are the source of our problems.
Yes, but you are behind in your thinking, if you think that this sort of 'establishment memes in establishment media' is where it's at now. The Internet is changing everything, and much for the worse, so far.
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:43 AM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It's the idiotic beliefs like "Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction", "Lehman Brothers is too big to fail", "Tax Cuts create jobs", "Social Security is going bankrupt", "Universal Health Care is a pixie dust dream", and "a 1250 square foot 3/2 starter home is worth $335,000", that were sold to us by the establishments propaganda machine that are the source of our problems.
What a mish-mash of verbal vomit.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:55 AM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
What a mish-mash of verbal vomit.
Is not.
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-06-2016, 01:01 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Is not.
So, you and Joad believe that the fact that real estate is very expensive in some market somehow justifies a fake news story about Hillary running a child sex ring out of a pizza shop? These beliefs could lead to an offer for you to serve on Trump's national security staff.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-06-2016, 02:45 PM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
So, you and Joad believe that the fact that real estate is very expensive in some market somehow justifies a fake news story about Hillary running a child sex ring out of a pizza shop? These beliefs could lead to an offer for you to serve on Trump's national security staff.
You might think that, but to me TJ's starter housing cost reference is about American Dream real estate industry propaganda not how supply and demand affects housing prices.
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Last edited by nailer; 12-06-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.