Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Pio1980's Avatar
Pio1980 Pio1980 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Bamastan
Posts: 7,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
While you're changing things, you might want to dump the Arpaio bullshit in your signature. After what Pio told us about his family tragedy, I'd say the sentiment you're expressing is totally inappropriate.

John
Thnx for having my back on this but let's just take it as a reminder of with what advocates of good governance are confronted, with examples like this advocacy of publicly sanctioned selective tyranny passing for law enforcement.
If I had any respect for Paul Harvey I lost it with his inexplicably blind enthusiastic support for this popularly elected self-serving tyrant.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-26-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 AM
4-2-7 4-2-7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Thnx for having my back on this but let's just take it as a reminder of with what advocates of good governance are confronted, with examples like this advocacy of publicly sanctioned selective tyranny passing for law enforcement.
If I had any respect for Paul Harvey I lost it with his inexplicably blind enthusiastic support for this popularly elected self-serving tyrant.
My Opinion your feelings towards JP I see and have for the entire law enforcement system. At less any contact I have ever had a witnessed.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Pio1980's Avatar
Pio1980 Pio1980 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Bamastan
Posts: 7,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
My Opinion your feelings towards JP I see and have for the entire law enforcement system. At less any contact I have ever had a witnessed.
Thnx for response. I don't extend my disgust for JA to the entire system other than that particular office being a reward spoil of a popularity contest and our for-profit justice system a costly unequal travesty that'll never be fixed as those that control it have a vested financial interest in it's continued existence.

Re your last comment, it has been said that a Conservative is a Lib has been viciously mugged, and a Lib a Conservative that has been unjustly arrested.
It seems to come down to a relationship with authority, filtered thru opinion and experience. FWIW, I've never been unjustly arrested.

Re dyslexia, I usually have to edit/re-edit my posts carefully as my stream of consciousness produces stuff that I can scarcely decode myself later, read cold.
I generally have to rewrite them several times to get them to say what I intended so they make sense to others.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-26-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 AM
merrylander's Avatar
merrylander merrylander is offline
Resident octogenarian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Re dyslexia, I usually have to edit/re-edit my posts carefully as my stream of consciousness produces stuff that I can scarcely decode myself, later read cold.
I generally have to rewrite them several times to get them to say what I intended so they make sense to others.
Try a combination of macular degenration and osteo arthritis and sometimes it even gets through the edit.
__________________
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-27-2014, 01:14 PM
djv8ga djv8ga is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Open Border
Posts: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I have a Russ Best'ed RWS-45 side-lever 3-ball sear .22 cal in a nice walnut Tyrolean stock with a Macarri scope that deserves a lot more attention than I've given it lately. Also the FWB 300S Mini that is one incredibly sweet shooter misses me. I have shot the FWB 124 sport recently, just yesterday, another sweetie that makes me better than I am. I owe Grumpy Dave some NF airguns I just can't get myself to part with yet, couple of HWs and a Webley. Also have too many air pistols to mention incl my Dad's 60-odd year old Hy-Score Concentric .177 cal.
WOW...that is impressive. I'm trying to decide whether to go to the trouble of shipping my RWS to John in Pa. or just drop it off a Air Guns Of AZ.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.