Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We've got a fine standard of living Blue.

Pete
Old 12-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
We've got a fine standard of living Blue.

Pete
And the people I can thank for that are me and my wife, the last administration gave us nowt.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Resident octogenarian

Don, correct me if I am wrong, but is "Knowingly receiving stolen property" not a criminal offense? And there are romors that Assange actually encouraged the PFC to do it and provided him with the expertise.

Just noticed the appropprietness of the first three letters of his surname.

Last edited by merrylander; 12-18-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Don, correct me if I am wrong, but is "Knowingly receiving stolen property" not a criminal offebnse? And there are roumors that Assange actually encouraged the PFC to do it and provided him with the expertise.
Yes, but what was stolen wasn't technically property. The better theory would be conspiracy - conspiracy to commit espionage, or whatever might be the technical name for the offenses the PFC committed. I'm not much help in criminal law.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

Ha! I see that Julian Ass is now complaining that the mainline press is "leaking" details about his sex life - karma.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Back to WikiLeaks/Assange for a bit:

It seems that WikiLeaks will be forthcoming with information concerning wealthy business leaders and lawmakers evading tax payments with offshore accounts.

It seems that his previous leaks from the US State Dept also included information on corruption in Tunisia that helped fan the flames of the revolt there.

It seems there may be an upside to WikiLeaks after all.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Back to WikiLeaks/Assange for a bit:

It seems that WikiLeaks will be forthcoming with information concerning wealthy business leaders and lawmakers evading tax payments with offshore accounts.

It seems that his previous leaks from the US State Dept also included information on corruption in Tunisia that helped fan the flames of the revolt there.

It seems there may be an upside to WikiLeaks after all.
I have a feeling the politicians are going to come from both sides of the aisle, and that we might see the end to some political careers. It was interesting that Assange said he wanted to verify the information before releasing it - how does he verify it? Ask the Swiss government to please look it over and let him know if it is accurate?

Any guesses on whether Beck stashed some cash over there? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Scientology money over there too. Pat Robertson? Rush? Michael Jackson? Katie Couric? Goldman Sachs? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? The Koch brothers? Dick Cheney? Mayor Dailey? Oprah? The Sam Walton (Walmart) family? It might get rid of a possible third party challenge by Bloomberg. Oh, ain't speculation and conjecture fun.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I have a feeling the politicians are going to come from both sides of the aisle, and that we might see the end to some political careers. It was interesting that Assange said he wanted to verify the information before releasing it - how does he verify it? Ask the Swiss government to please look it over and let him know if it is accurate?

Any guesses on whether Beck stashed some cash over there? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Scientology money over there too. Pat Robertson? Rush? Michael Jackson? Katie Couric? Goldman Sachs? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? The Koch brothers? Dick Cheney? Mayor Dailey? Oprah? The Sam Walton (Walmart) family? It might get rid of a possible third party challenge by Bloomberg. Oh, ain't speculation and conjecture fun.

Regards,

D-Ray
In the political realm, I'd suggest picking the persons for whom it would represent the greatest hypocrisy. It will increase your odds greatly.

Tags
hang the traitor