Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 PM

If you can show me a "change" that is better, I'm in. But I have seen nothing that makes me think this change will help any tax payer. You will pay for it either way. At least now I have the choice to buy it or not.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
If you can show me a "change" that is better, I'm in. But I have seen nothing that makes me think this change will help any tax payer. You will pay for it either way. At least now I have the choice to buy it or not.
Glad you're happy. As long as you're okay we won't worry about the people who aren't. That's the American way. Look out for #1 and screw everyone else. Those idiots should have known better than to get sick. It's their own fault.

And so I say Congratulations again. You won. Hope it feels good.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 PM

I'm sorry but I don't get it. The Dems had a year to ram this through and the last time I checked there were more of them in the House and the Senate than the other guys. A Dem president to boot. Still, they weren't able to get it done. And it's the minority party's fault?

The Dems didn't sell their program, that's all there is to it. Blaming it on the Republican members is just plain nonsense.

Murray
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM

Nobody won. We all loose. But I sleep well at night knowing I've done everything in my power to take care of myself and family. And in this country the decision is yours, wait for somebody to give you something or go out there everyday and earn it. Again "The government has nothing to give that they did not take from us"
Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy_ps View Post
I'm sorry but I don't get it. The Dems had a year to ram this through and the last time I checked there were more of them in the House and the Senate than the other guys. A Dem president to boot. Still, they weren't able to get it done. And it's the minority party's fault?

The Dems didn't sell their program, that's all there is to it. Blaming it on the Republican members is just plain nonsense.

Murray
It's not nonsense. The Republicans didn't give a damn if there was good, bad or other in any of the bills. They stone walled long enough to kill it.

But don't get me wrong, you're right that the Democrats fucked up. I'm even more pissed at the ass holes who were all fired up about the public option. Hold out until you get you public option. Well how did that work out for you? Know what you get now? Nothing.

At least the stock market was up on the news that Brown would likely win. They know where there profit is! This keeps up I'll have enough money in my 401k to buy health insurance.

Damn, see, the problem is, it doesn't even matter if you have it, you can still get screwed. And you know what we're going to do about it? Nothing. Bitch and moan that our taxes are too high and watch people suffer and die.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
Nobody won. We all loose. But I sleep well at night knowing I've done everything in my power to take care of myself and family. And in this country the decision is yours, wait for somebody to give you something or go out there everyday and earn it. Again "The government has nothing to give that they did not take from us"
Lot of people went out every day and earned it. Then their wife, or child got cancer. Insurance dropped them and they went bankrupt trying to save their lives. All the while the insurance company they paid into for years didn't think twice about withholding the care that they needed. Their profit was more important.

That's wrong.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
It's not the end of the world. We're only one country, soon to be added to the ash-heap of history. Progress will continue to progress with our without America. We'll fall further and further behind every year until we're entirely irrelevant. Ah, but our taxes will be low.
I wonder whether my daughter would like a permanent house guest in Italy.

Actually, I'm not sure how much this election will change. Perhaps the health care bill won't pass but perhaps, through reconciliation, it will. Beyond that, I don't see it really mattering.

So, we have 59 seats now to the Republican's 41. We now officially have less than a veto-proof majority but in the practical sense we never really did have it. What with Lieberman and the Blue Dogs we had a secure 60 vote majority on precisely nothing.

Let's forget about that pipe dream and get down to business. We need to get a new Leader in the Senate NOW and we need to give Lieberman the old heave ho right after that.

Having 58 seats is plenty if the Democrats learn how to play hardball. The last time the Republicans had 60 seats was 1923. We all know how impotent they've been since then.

John
Old 01-19-2010, 10:41 PM

Well John, I really do appreciate you trying to cheer me up. I'm pretty pissed right now. Let's hope that somehow they salvage something out of this deal. At least address the most absurd things that we allow health insurance companies to get away with. But I'm not holding my breath.

Otherwise, you're right. But counting on Democrats learning how to play hard ball is optimistic. Republicans are just more ruthless. They don't much care about the long term damage they inflict on Americans as long as they get their way.

I think I'll buy some health insurance stock.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Well John, I really do appreciate you trying to cheer me up. I'm pretty pissed right now. Let's hope that somehow they salvage something out of this deal. At least address the most absurd things that we allow health insurance companies to get away with. But I'm not holding my breath.

Otherwise, you're right. But counting on Democrats learning how to play hard ball is optimistic. Republicans are just more ruthless. They don't much care about the long term damage they inflict on Americans as long as they get their way.

I think I'll buy some health insurance stock.
Oh, yeah! I'm angry too. REALLY angry. There are millions of angry people right now.

Anger is a powerful force indeed. Look at the Teabaggers. That is pure 100% unadulterated anger and it got Brown elected. If we could harness our anger like they have but turn it to constructive purposes we could really change things.

John
Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 PM

You remember when Bush stood in front of all American and declared "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction." No ifs ands or buts. They have them and they want to kill us.

It was a lie.

Now they've done it again. And I'll be damned if people didn't fall for it again. "I don't want my health care rationed". Well what the hell do you think you have now?! "I don't want anyone coming between me and my doctor!" You mean like the insurance company that wouldn't give me the medicine that my doctor prescribed because there's something cheaper that *they* think will work just as well?

I'm afraid we can be as angry as we like. Because of lies we're going to live with an unjust, immoral and corrupt system of health care for decades to come. Hell, who the *hell* is ever going to take this one on again?

Congrats to all you folks who wanted health care but thought this plan wasn't good enough. You won! You won't get this plan. You won't get anything. Probably for the rest of our lives. Well played America!