Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Funny how our neighbours to the north can afford universal heathcare and Old Age Pensions for all yet we, allegedly the richest country in the world with the best system extant, can't quite seem to manage it. Are we just stupid or what?
Here, we have people who will hand out tax cuts to people who don't need them, claim the resulting lack of revenues is proof of "failure" of said programs, then denounce these things as "so(c)ialism" and attempt to privatize them......which is contrary to the purpose of having such programs in the first place. Which is, of course, to keep them seperate from and free of market fluctuations and crashes.

Many of our Parents and Grandparents understood this. That's why they voted for men like FDR and Lyndon Johnson and protected SS and Medicare for so many years. After all, they got to see what happens in the real world when the market shits and push comes to shove between the haves and have-nots. But, my generation is full of Reaganite stooges who think the wealthy want to see that we have whatever we need. And they will not learn until the market crashes and they end up standing in line at the foodbank trailer, begging for table scraps or diving dumpsters. Because the rich don't really give a flying shit about any of us.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
The most pathetic part about the launch post being satire is the fact that the republican party is such a mess that the 'satire' is entirely believable.
True dat, Barbara. Sad, isn't it?

Dave
Old 11-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Spammers again.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

D on the scene!!

Pete
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The debt clock should chill to the bone, far more important than one man or party.

I don't consider the money spent in the ME as wasted, but an investment. And Obama makes Bush look like a paragon of thrift.

Pete
When I invest money it is because I expect to get a return, make a modest profit. If you can actually demonstrate the rerurn or profit I will be astounded, and no doubt so will the families of the over 4000 wasted lives.

Iraq is corrupt as is Afghanistan, Iraq is playing footsie with Iran and nobody remembers a little country called Kurdistan in fact we even suggest they are terrorists because they want their country back, but we must not piss off Turkey.

The trillions pissed away in the ME are just that - pissed away, we might as well have bought junk bonds from Goldman Sachs.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Polite?
Screw polite, I'm just posting like the righties.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Another scare tactic - we are going over the cliff, excuse me? My income before I retired was in six figures, my salary was in the high five figures. My Bush tax cut amounted to $5 in each bi-monthly pay check, enough for a pack of Marlboros. If the Bush tax cut dies it is not the middle class that will suffer, just the 1%ers.