Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
As a rule, I fear a legally armed citizen less than I do the police.
The police are "legally armed citizens."

As a rule, I trust them more than 2A zealots.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Area Man

"As a rule, I fear a legally armed citizen less than I do the police."

I fear armed and senile old men having Vietnam flashbacks at the f**king carwash.

Dave
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
The police are "legally armed citizens."

As a rule, I trust them more than 2A zealots.
Easily.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 AM

As a rule I treat any person with a gun with caution. But rate a untrained armed person higher as a threat. Nothing more unsettling then a new permit holder carrying their baby. Seems they have to show it off to everyone. Now with the shortage in ammo the novice owner does not even have the experience from going to the range. But still carry a loaded weapon.

Not to long ago a father dropped his 38 two shot derringer when on a kiddy circus ride. Of course it fell on the hammer and went off. Thank God no one was hurt. One of the most unsafe weapons ever made if handled incorrectly. Yet was with children around.

At least a enforcement officer is trained in the use and safety of the weapon. Not so in my state for the common permit holder. Just last week a friend was showing off his HK auto, I had to show him the decocking drop BTW! He's had it for years and never knew it would do that???

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 07-02-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I suspect there's going to be a lot of pre-judging lefties here very sad when this trial is over.

Quote:

Due to his failing eyesight, he simply mistook you for Don Rickles.

Chas
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Quote:
Have you never considered that a large segment of cops are "wannabee cops" who made it?
Indeed, I've had evidence of this first hand.

Pete
Old 07-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I suspect there's going to be a lot of pre-judging lefties here very sad when this trial is over.
How so?

Beyond the senseless death, this is a win/win: Zimmerman goes to jail or the fallacy of Stand-Your-Ground laws are nationally and publicly exposed.

Either way, good guys win.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Pete
After watching this circus so far, I don't have much doubt about Zippies guilt. Will it rise to 2nd degree murder in this jurisdiction?

Maybe not. Was Zippies stalking and killing this young man justified? Hell, no. SYG laws need repealing everywhere. Go ahead and stand your ground in your own home but disarm citizens out in public. Easy Peasy.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
As a rule I treat any person with a gun with caution. But rate a untrained armed person higher as a threat. Nothing more unsettling then a new permit holder carrying their baby. Seems they have to show it off to everyone. Now with the shortage in ammo the novice owner does not even have the experience from going to the range. But still carry a loaded weapon.

Not to long ago a father dropped his 38 two shot derringer when on a kiddy circus ride. Of course it fell on the hammer and went off. Thank God no one was hurt. One of the most unsafe weapons ever made if handled incorrectly. Yet was with children around.

At least a enforcement officer is trained in the use and safety of the weapon. Not so in my state for the common permit holder. Just last week a friend was showing off his HK auto, I had to show him the decocking drop BTW! He's had it for years and never knew it would do that???

Barney
I pretty much agree with what you've said. Out of curiosity, what state do you live in? From some of the things you've said, the provisions for a CCW permit appear lax to nonexistent. Basically a lack of a criminal record is the only criteria.

And in an earlier post, you mentioned a lifetime permit. I can't believe that there's a politician in the world who would miss the opportunity to collect a fee on an ongoing basis.

As to your friend with the H&K. I take it that he's not much of a shooter if he's unfamiliar with a decocker. Actually, I'm surprised that if he is such a rube that he would spring for an H&K.

Sounds more like a F.I.E. owner to me, although I do take your word.

No doubt my experiences with firearms owners are different than yours. The crowd I run with have been shooting every since their momma took away the rubber tit, and are pretty much in retirement...or at least close, such as myself. Then again, we used to live in a rural environment, until the last 20 years or so.

Of course, 20 years ago no one around here much carried a handgun...we generally carried a 12 ga or a .30-06. The Ruger 10-22 was pretty popular too, until they got customized to the point that they were too expensive to get skinned up in a pickup.

We just don't see firearms as a big deal. And we don't lug one around unless we see a reason to. And, at least speaking for myself, it you're going to go somewhere where a firearm for self defense is needed, you shouldn't go there in the first place.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Chas
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
After watching this circus so far, I don't have much doubt about Zippies guilt. Will it rise to 2nd degree murder in this jurisdiction?

Maybe not. Was Zippies stalking and killing this young man justified? Hell, no. SYG laws need repealing everywhere. Go ahead and stand your ground in your own home but disarm citizens out in public. Easy Peasy.
I beg to differ.

On...pretty much everything you've said.

But what can you expect from the likes of me, as I took an online poll once and I only agreed with Dick Cheney 60% of the time.

Which was 55% more than I agreed with John Kerry.

Bottom line is...I can't get along with nobody. Which is the curse of a slightly right centrist with Libertarian leanings. According to another mindless online poll which I took.

I'm frothing at the mouth MAD, I tell ya, you'd best watch out for me!!!

If nothing else, you should watch out for people who have nothing better to do is their spare time than to take online political polls...or post at Political Chat. They must be dysfunctional.

That's a joke...kind of.

Chas
Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Admin

...or bored like me. What the hell, it keeps me off the streets and out of taverns. Cheers, Bob.