Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:10 PM

On October 30, 2017, Manafort was arrested by the FBI after being indicted by a federal grand jury as part of Mueller's investigation into the Trump campaign.[182][183] The indictment against Manafort and Rick Gates charged them with engaging in a conspiracy against the United States,[16][184] engaging in a conspiracy to launder money,[16][184] failing to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts,[16][184] acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign principal,[16][184] making false and misleading statements in documents filed and submitted under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA),[16][184] and making false statements.[16][184] Prosecutors claimed Manafort laundered more than $18 million, money he had received as compensation for lobbying and consulting services for Yanukovych.[184][185]

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Paul_Manafort
Old 06-05-2022, 07:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
My "usual equivocating"? LOL

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...html#document/

Right in the executive summary:

“Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

Seems pretty clear to me, unless you think Mueller is equivocating too.
The 'redacted' report? Yawn.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
The 'redacted' report? Yawn.
Yawn, the full report says the same thing.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Yawn, the full report says the same thing.
It’s hardly as if Mueller found no wrongdoing. He issued nearly two hundred charges, against thirty-four people, including Trump’s first national-security adviser, Michael Flynn, his campaign chairman Paul Manafort, and one of his lawyers, Michael Cohen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...ler-report/amp

I know The New Yorker is WAY above your reading level, but do try to get some help reading it. Your usual biased sources are written for your 3rd grade compression level, but the facts are out there, if you care at all about them.

Donny is a con man and career criminal. Only a fool wouldn’t understand these obvious facts.

Last edited by Chicks; 06-05-2022 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post

I know The New Yorker is WAY above your reading level, but do try to get some help reading it. Your usual biased sources are written for your 3rd grade compression level, but the facts are out there, if you care at all about them.
Oh my. I think I've just been insulted. LOL

Sure Mueller found wrong-doing. We're talking about Washington DC, one of the most corrupt cesspools on earth. Skirting the law and ethical lapses are just another day at the office in the swamp.

And sure "the facts are out there". These are the same facts that Mueller's team had...and the Senate Intelligence Committee...and the Crossfire Hurricane team. No collusion was found.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:31 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
It’s hardly as if Mueller found no wrongdoing. He issued nearly two hundred charges, against thirty-four people, including Trump’s first national-security adviser, Michael Flynn, his campaign chairman Paul Manafort, and one of his lawyers, Michael Cohen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...ler-report/amp

Donny is a con man and career criminal. Only a fool wouldn’t understand these obvious facts.
Please cool it with the personal attacks.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:34 AM
Admin

Quote:
Oh my. I think I've just been insulted. LOL

Sure Mueller found wrong-doing. We're talking about Washington DC, one of the most corrupt cesspools on earth. Skirting the law and ethical lapses are just another day at the office in the swamp.

And sure "the facts are out there". These are the same facts that Mueller's team had...and the Senate Intelligence Committee...and the Crossfire Hurricane team. No collusion was found.
You do have a knack for bringing that out in people.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Sure Mueller found wrong-doing. We're talking about Trump, Inc, one of the most corrupt cesspools on earth. Skirting the law and ethical lapses are just another day at the office in the Trump Crime Family.
Fixed it for you.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:29 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mueller investigations wasn't about finding collusion. Of course that didn't stop tRump & Co. from trying to make people think it was by crying "No-collusion-no collusion" every chance they got. I find it amusing when tRump lovers contend the report didn't find any wrongdoing and conveniently skip the part about Billy "Low" Barr's obviously spun version of the report released ahead of the real report's release.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mueller investigations wasn't about finding collusion.
Yes, that was one of the things it was about. The Mueller investigation had three main tracks:

1) Investigating the Russian social media campaign during the 2016 election cycle

2) Investigating Russian "hacking and dumping"

3) Russian contact with the Trump campaign