Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Nope, I haven't. As I've said, you're playing semantics. To me, whether or not lying sack of crap Clapper, you, whomever wants to refer to this individual as an "informant" not a "spy" is not relevant. Whether lying sack of crap Clapper, you, whomever wants to say that this individual acted as a glorified whistle blower or was "planted" is not relevant. The essential facts remain the same. There's little question that Papadopolous was targeted, and apparently manipulated.
So, you're doubling down on Trump's lies and and propaganda. Good for you. I suppose you're also still anxiously awaiting the report of Trump's investigators in Hawaii who have proven Obama is a Kenyan Muslim.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
You've been taking the Finn class on how to put words in other folks mouths?
I know the importance of simianantics.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Admin

Monkey see, monkey doo?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:25 PM
Rational Anarchist

A play on semantics.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
So, you're doubling down on Trump's lies and and propaganda. Good for you.
Absolutely. In fact, here's a propaganda piece from your favorite paper from just two days ago:

There is no evidence that a spy was embedded inside the Trump campaign, as the president and his allies have suggested. Former Justice Department and intelligence officials said Halper’s work appeared to be routine — occasionally supplying limited information for a broad FBI inquiry into Russian efforts to intervene in U.S. politics.

However, there are lingering questions about his role — including how he was activated and why his first contact with a then-little-known Trump adviser, Carter Page, came weeks before the Justice Department investigation was officially opened.

It is also unclear how long Halper — who remained in touch with Page until at least July 2017 — assisted the FBI in the probe.

So, you and Wapo continue to dance on the head of a pin. Halper wasn't a "spy" who was "embedded" in the Trump campaign. But at least WaPo is suggesting that he was "activated" (since when are informants or whistle blowers "activated"??), and they appear to have at least a passing interest in the question of why or how.

Oh, and here's some additional color on Halper, from WaPo:

His perch as a Cambridge professor gave Halper, a veteran of three Republican administrations, the chance to mingle with figures such as then-Defense Intelligence Agency chief Michael Flynn and Vyacheslav Trubnikov, former director of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service.

It also gave him a valuable cover to assist the FBI in a secret operation — investigating Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 White House race.

Halper, a longtime source of information for U.S. intelligence and law enforcement personnel, used his position at Cambridge to reach out to three Trump advisers in 2016, introducing himself as a scholar interested in discussing foreign policy, according to people familiar with the interactions.

So there you have it. The guy has a history, and the FBI used him - along with his "valuable cover" - to investigation. Allegedly, the "investigation" was into Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 White House race. And, as I continue to point out, there grounds of this investigation included a set up of Papadopolous, It was also in part based on an opinion research document sourced from a former Brit intel guy who leveraged his own contacts in Russia, and Democrat party money.

This while thing stinks, but you go right ahead and continue to cheer it on. I'll continue to read about it whenever WaPo provides additional "propaganda" about it.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Absolutely. In fact, here's a propaganda piece from your favorite paper from just two days ago:

There is no evidence that a spy was embedded inside the Trump campaign, as the president and his allies have suggested. Former Justice Department and intelligence officials said Halper’s work appeared to be routine — occasionally supplying limited information for a broad FBI inquiry into Russian efforts to intervene in U.S. politics.

However, there are lingering questions about his role — including how he was activated and why his first contact with a then-little-known Trump adviser, Carter Page, came weeks before the Justice Department investigation was officially opened.

It is also unclear how long Halper — who remained in touch with Page until at least July 2017 — assisted the FBI in the probe.

So, you and Wapo continue to dance on the head of a pin. Halper wasn't a "spy" who was "embedded" in the Trump campaign. But at least WaPo is suggesting that he was "activated" (since when are informants or whistle blowers "activated"??), and they appear to have at least a passing interest in the question of why or how.

Oh, and here's some additional color on Halper, from WaPo:

His perch as a Cambridge professor gave Halper, a veteran of three Republican administrations, the chance to mingle with figures such as then-Defense Intelligence Agency chief Michael Flynn and Vyacheslav Trubnikov, former director of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service.

It also gave him a valuable cover to assist the FBI in a secret operation — investigating Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 White House race.

Halper, a longtime source of information for U.S. intelligence and law enforcement personnel, used his position at Cambridge to reach out to three Trump advisers in 2016, introducing himself as a scholar interested in discussing foreign policy, according to people familiar with the interactions.

So there you have it. The guy has a history, and the FBI used him - along with his "valuable cover" - to investigation. Allegedly, the "investigation" was into Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 White House race. And, as I continue to point out, there grounds of this investigation included a set up of Papadopolous, It was also in part based on an opinion research document sourced from a former Brit intel guy who leveraged his own contacts in Russia, and Democrat party money.

This while thing stinks, but you go right ahead and continue to cheer it on. I'll continue to read about it whenever WaPo provides additional "propaganda" about it.
The short answer to my question as to whether you're doubling down on Trump's lies and propaganda would have been "yes."
Old 06-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The short answer to my question as to whether you're doubling down on Trump's lies and propaganda would have been "yes."
Now you're accusing your favorite paper of dealing in "Trump's lies and propaganda". Interesting.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Now you're accusing your favorite paper of dealing in "Trump's lies and propaganda". Interesting.
I didn't get past the first line - "There is no evidence that a spy was embedded inside the Trump campaign, as the president and his allies have suggested."
Old 06-07-2018, 05:49 PM

In Whell’s wacky world, apparently the FBI doing its job, protecting the USA from Russian meddling in elections, is a BAD thing. Sad!
Old 06-07-2018, 06:14 PM

Is 'lying sack of crap clapper' a new attack term for Trump Brigade, a group that is totally founded on the lies of their master?