Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Area Man

This is Glorious.

I think I love Rachel Maddow. Oh, I know, she looks like a man, she's prolly a dyke.....blah, blah, blah.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...fun-and-profit

Sorry, but every word of it is true, IMO. I see it all around me, every day.

Dave
Old 07-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I think I love Rachel Maddow. Oh, I know, she looks like a man, she's prolly a dyke.....blah, blah, blah.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...fun-and-profit

Sorry, but every word of it is true, IMO. I see it all around me, every day.

Dave
She could be excellent. MSNBC makes her and olbermann act like Beck wanna bees. It's ashame, the women is razor sharp.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:50 PM

I thought that Fox exposed fraud at ACORN, Jones radical affiliations, the Black Panthers BLATANT voter intimidation, and hammered Breitbart for taking the clip of the black woman being accused of discrimination out of context.

And Maddow accuses FOX of playing the race card? That's what she is doing.

Chas
Old 07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Area Man

BLATANT voter intimidation----at one location, and in a predominantly black neighborhood at that----hyped up to sound like it was going on EVERYWHERE and that that's how Obama won----by stationing "PantherThugs" at every location to beat white folks into voting for him.

See any Panthers at your polling place? Neither did I. My guess is the vast majority of voters saw no such thing. Except on t.v., of course.

Bullshit.

Dave
Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I thought that Fox exposed fraud at ACORN,
No, they didn't. It has been established that those videos were totally cooked, just like the one of Shirley Sherrod. And Breitbart was behind both of them.

In at least one case the ACORN employee was playing the "pimp", getting information on him which he gave to the police as soon as the guy left.

Quote:
Jones radical affiliations, the Black Panthers BLATANT voter intimidation
So, I guess you just choose not to believe Maddow about this?

Quote:
and hammered Breitbart for taking the clip of the black woman being accused of discrimination out of context.
See above. It's his MO.

Quote:
And Maddow accuses FOX of playing the race card? That's what she is doing
I think she made the case pretty well, and not just about FOX. It's really pathetic that so many people have bought the meme that calling people out for racism is somehow racist itself. All that does is give the real racists license to say and do the sorts of things we saw in that Maddow clip.

John
Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Eugene Robinson hammered away on the same topic this morning. His take is spot on, IMHO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1
Old 07-22-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
No, they didn't. It has been established that those videos were totally cooked, just like the one of Shirley Sherrod. And Breitbart was behind both of them.

In at least one case the ACORN employee was playing the "pimp", getting information on him which he gave to the police as soon as the guy left.

So, I guess you just choose not to believe Maddow about this?

See above. It's his MO.

I think she made the case pretty well, and not just about FOX. It's really pathetic that so many people have bought the meme that calling people out for racism is somehow racist itself. All that does is give the real racists license to say and do the sorts of things we saw in that Maddow clip.

John
Let me try this from a different angle.

I didn't vote for Obama because he's too far left to suit me. I wouldn't have given Jones a position of responsibility because he's too far left to suit me. I would have thrown those two Black Panther assholes in jail. I believe ACORN has been convicted of voter fraud in something like 20 states, and they wouldn't receive one dime of public money if it were left up to me. I also thought the pimp/prostitute video was a joke.

And I understand that even Beck has defended Sherrod.

Fox has reported on all of these issues. They've even pounded the drum on some of them.

Or at least I've been told, as I don't follow FOX as closely as many of you.

As far as the issues go, I consider the voter fraud at ACORN to be an important issue, especially since they're receiving public funds. The Obama/Jones thing is simply a black eye for Obama, important only because it links Obama to a person who would be considered a radical by the majority of Americans. Kind of like the Ayers thing. The two Black Panthers are just a couple of assholes who should have been thrown in jail, at the city level. And if Beck is defending Sherrod, how is this FOX playing the race card?

Somehow Maddow has cooked all of this down to show that FOX is playing the race card, but against whites as opposed to blacks. In other words, she's accusing a network instead of the Republicans for pulling the old Willie Horton trick.

Now perhaps you see racism and scare tactics by FOX News. I see it being issue oriented, but I realize that we're looking at this from different sides of the fence.

I also see this as an attempt by Maddow to define the upcoming election as more fear and loathing from the right, hoping to pull swing voters to the left.

IMHO, it's just more crapola politics by the media, and not very original to boot. They all do it, including FOX.

Chas
Old 07-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Eugene Robinson hammered away on the same topic this morning. His take is spot on, IMHO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1
For what it's worth, Brietbart needs to be slapped down for this if it was done on purpose...which I suspect it was. The bastard is giving me a bad name.

And also for what it's worth, I'm growing weary of all of this racism bullshit. Everybody is running around acting like a bunch of goddamn 10 yr old kids.

Chas
Old 07-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Chas is prejudiced against 10 year olds!

Pete
Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Chas is prejudiced against 10 year olds!

Pete
If I can't be the racist, I guess I'll have to be the bigot!!!

Chas