Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:18 PM

New narrative emerging regarding the Beirut blast.

Are you guys believing this ?

All the videos showing the pre-blast fire, and the explosion itself, they're trying to say it was a missile strike.

Gawd.

They know it was a missile, and as soon as they find who did it, we're going to bomb the shit out of Iran.

That's my synopsis, tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited by BigElCat; 08-08-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:27 PM

After Donny's lucky guess that it was an attack he'll be insufferable. In normal times a war would be a dandy diversion but most Americans have troubles here at home to worry about.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:35 PM

Last I heard, some 20 people were being held/questioned by Lebanon in regards to the blast. We know what exploded but it's not clear why.

Israel and Hezbollah are the most likely suspects but both immediately denied involvement.

From what I seen so far, the official story is that someone was using a welding torch to get in to the warehouse because it was sealed and sparks from the welding torch set off the ammonium nitrate.

A missile seems improbable because it wouldn't have started with fire. It would have an instant boom-BOOM. That said, a rocket engine could have done it if the exhaust was firing in the direction of the ammonium nitrate and at close proximity. Not a warhead.

Last edited by FordGT90; 08-08-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:35 PM

He could use the war as a pre-text to squash the protests with serious oppression.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:41 PM

War? Lebanon is on the brink of civil war now:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-l...-idUSKCN2540EX
Country has been through a lot over the last few years.

All the Trump administration has done/has to do with it is giving them $17 million in aid and promising more.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90 View Post
Last I heard, some 20 people were being held/questioned by Lebanon in regards to the blast. We know what exploded but it's not clear why.

Israel and Hezbollah are the most likely suspects but both immediately denied involvement.

From what I seen so far, the official story is that someone was using a welding torch to get in to the warehouse because it was sealed and sparks from the welding torch set off the ammonium nitrate.

A missile seems improbable because it wouldn't have started with fire. It would have an instant boom-BOOM.
The building wasn't sealed, it was open-walled and under construction. We can see that in the videos. I'll bring proof if you want to see it.

The size of the fire has me wondering, what was burning ?

Hezbollah and Iran adore Lebanon, because they are recognized as legitimate political players in that country. Hezbollah wouldn't commit suicide with nothing to gain, from their POV.

Regarding your other suspect...Bob already told me not to say a damn thing about Israel. Wish I had a 'lip zip' emoticon.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90 View Post
War? Lebanon is on the brink of civil war now:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-l...-idUSKCN2540EX
Country has been through a lot over the last few years.

All the Trump administration has done/has to do with it is giving them $17 million in aid and promising more.
The war I was referring to would be the USA against Iran.

You watch, they'll pull a 'made in Iran' plate attached to a fragment a cruise missile from that rubble.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
The building wasn't sealed, it was open-walled and under construction. We can see that in the videos. I'll bring proof if you want to see it.

The size of the fire has me wondering, what was burning ?

Hezbollah and Iran adore Lebanon, because they are recognized as legitimate political players in that country. Hezbollah wouldn't commit suicide with nothing to gain, from their POV.

Regarding your other suspect...Bob already told me not to say a damn thing about Israel. Wish I had a 'lip zip' emoticon.
This is bullshyte and you are lying If you can't distinguish between legitimate criticism of Israel and their politicians versus what you were doing, you're hopeless. Get a grip big guy.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
This is bullshyte and you are lying If you can't distinguish between legitimate criticism of Israel and their politicians versus what you were doing, you're hopeless. Get a grip big guy.
10-4.

I'm not sure a suspicion would be a legitimate criticism.

Israel is "not necessarily responsible" for the recent destruction of Iran's nuclear refinement facility. Or other strange happenings in the Middle East.

Guess we don't need to talk about means and motive.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:29 AM

I think the blast was an accident, but that was huge fire prior to the blast.