Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
I forget the details of that now. Oh yeah. There weren't any details.
It's really quite simple.. Quit holding 8/9ths of the economy hostage to regulation and uncertainty. Uncertainty about taxation. Uncertainty about the value of the dollar and the credit rating, Uncertainty about Energy policy, Uncertainty about healthcare policy. Uncertainty about the impending crisis in Medicare Soc/Sec. AND -- unleash venture capital to create NEW innovative companies that keep the American economy relevant in the face of global competition. THAT -- gets you further than class warfare and Robin Hood theatrics.

Wasn't ALL about taxes.

But the message WAS pretty much mangled. My candidate didn't muddle the message.

I'd invest in portable generators. It's gonna be a growing Obama industry when the lights start flicking out..
Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
It's really quite simple.. Quit holding 8/9ths of the economy hostage to regulation and uncertainty. Uncertainty about taxation. Uncertainty about the value of the dollar and the credit rating, Uncertainty about Energy policy, Uncertainty about healthcare policy. Uncertainty about the impending crisis in Medicare Soc/Sec. AND -- unleash venture capital to create NEW innovative companies that keep the American economy relevant in the face of global competition. THAT -- gets you further than class warfare and Robin Hood theatrics.

Wasn't ALL about taxes.

But the message WAS pretty much mangled. My candidate didn't muddle the message.

I'd invest in portable generators. It's gonna be a growing Obama industry when the lights start flicking out..
It's nice that you're back posting. I'm sure that Obama will solve all the pernicious problems in his second term. Uncertainty is a major component of Obama's stategy, and by extension the democratic party, to fulfill their long sought political goals. As long as they manage to keep all the proverbial pots from boiling over, their strategy will be effective. Divide and polarize actually works. Despite the much bally-hooed democrat inclusiveness, the election and the last four years has demonstrated how much they villify those with opposing viewpoints. One hopes that Obama will attempt to use his second term to build bridges to the other half of the country, rather than, continue to polarize by playing interest group politics. Obviously, the GOP must also temper their similar appeals to their groups, namely, the religious fundamentalists. Your enumeration of uncertainty is on point IMHO and constitutes a significant failure of the Obama Administration.

Last edited by bhunter; 11-08-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Area Man

Republicans aren't devisive?

Didn't one say not that long ago, that ".......bipartisanship is Democrats accepting the Republican agenda."?

Sounds pretty dismissive and adversarial to me.

How about McConnell declaring that his parties primary mission was to "....see that Obama is a one term president."

Sounds like someone puts politics ahead of governance to me.

Spare me your nonsense. The GOP plays the same game, at times they are even worse.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-08-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:

Wasn't ALL about taxes.

Right, uncertainty. So, why doesn't the GOP stop acting like children, engaging in their brand of top down class warfare and start doing their fucking jobs for once? Maybe then, we'd have a little less "uncertainty"?

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-08-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:45 AM

I see Reid is already moving to change the rules on filibusters in the Senate. It appears that from Reid's perspective, the Republican's job will be to sit down and shut up.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I see Reid is already moving to change the rules on filibusters in the Senate. It appears that from Reid's perspective, the Republican's job will be to sit down and shut up.
After last night, all I can say is how's it feel? We Dems have been getting it for a long, long time. Get used to it or get some lube.. Frickin' whiners.Go wrap yourself in Old Glory.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Republicans aren't devisive?

Didn't one say not that long ago, that ".......bipartisanship is Democrats accepting the Republican agenda."?

Sounds pretty dismissive and adversarial to me.

How about McConnell declaring that his parties primary mission was to "....see that Obama is a one term president."

Sounds like someone puts politics ahead of governance to me.

Spare me your nonsense. The GOP plays the same game, at times they are even worse.

Regards,
Dave
I think I was rather clear that the GOP also must refrain from playing interest group politics. What Obama does or does not do is more significant than the rhetorical battles of House and Senate leaders. Obama in 2009 thought he had endless political capital and lost that capital by letting Nancy and Harry ram through Obamacare. Sorry, but I didn't see a whole lot of bipartisanship when he was making his "sit at the back of the bus" statement. Now, he has a second chance to help his legacy. He can only do that by leading and not pandering to only democratic interests. Hopefully, he'll pivot since he doesn't need to worry about appealing to his hard left base for reelection.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
As it should be.

When your children prove that they can't play with a certain toy safely or responsibly, what do you do?

John
Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
No fair being objective around here.

BTW, you can tell me that it is none of my business, but did you get past being undecided?

Regards,

D-Ray
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
As it should be.

When your children prove that they can't play with a certain toy safely or responsibly, what do you do?

John

Whack 'em upside the head with a big stick.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

Wasn't ALL about taxes.

Start flickering out? I take it you don't live in Bahgdad on the Ptomac, but of course we have to leave power generation in private hands so they can royally screw it up.

Maybe if the Wall Street lobbyists would stay away from the committee doing the Dodd Frank rules they would be finished by now and there would be no uncertainty. What uncertainty about healthcare we have PPACA. Which version of your candidate.

Last edited by merrylander; 11-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.