Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Trump workers moved Mar-a-Lago boxes a day before Justice Dept. came for documents
New details, including alleged ‘dress rehearsal’ for moving sensitive papers, show a focus on Donald Trump’s instructions and intent

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ts-mar-a-lago/

Obstruction. Lock him up!
Maintenance worker at Mar-A-Lardo land (who moved boxes) is the snitch. More than likely throwing tRumpolini under the bus before tRump could do it to him.

https://youtu.be/kyRUDn4E96I
Old 05-29-2023, 07:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The Lying Dotard is sweating bullets.

Old 05-29-2023, 08:04 PM

Yes, Special Counsel Jack Smith's recent findings should worry the criminal residing at MAL.

Quote:
And some of Smith’s latest maneuvers have borne fruit. Records that the National Archives recently handed over to him apparently show that Trump’s advisors told him he could not simply declassify documents with a wave of his hand as he continues to ridiculously claim. Such evidence would make it next to impossible for him to argue that he thought otherwise at trial.

Smith has also reportedly obtained 50 pages of Corcoran’s contemporaneous handwritten notes documenting not just the advice lawyers gave Trump but also the former president’s reactions, down to his hand gestures. The notes are likely to be more compelling evidence that Trump was clearly informed of his legal obligation to produce all the classified documents the government sought.
I believe that these two bits of recent evidence Smith has gathered leaves very little wiggle room.

Good, let him stew and bloviate on Liars Social. The moron is probably yet to understand that whatever he says can and will be held against him.

My bet is that Trump's people will try and settle this instead of going to court, but will it work?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ump-indictment
Old 05-29-2023, 10:57 PM

What could "his" people offer as a plea, agree to never again run for office? Sorry but he needs to be put away where he can do no harm.
Old 05-30-2023, 09:10 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Yes, Special Counsel Jack Smith's recent findings should worry the criminal residing at MAL.

I believe that these two bits of recent evidence Smith has gathered leaves very little wiggle room.

Good, let him stew and bloviate on Liars Social. The moron is probably yet to understand that whatever he says can and will be held against him.

My bet is that Trump's people will try and settle this instead of going to court, but will it work?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ump-indictment
In criminal cases you don't settle. Setting is done in civil cases, where you agree to just pay some amount of money. etc--you buy your way out. Can't do that with criminal prosecutors. You can do plea deals, agree to plead guilty to presumably reduced charges. In such deal, you're still guilty of something, though you maybe can get off with little or no prison time.... What the prosecutor gets out of it is avoiding the risk of losing in court. So it's all a matter of the strength of the evidence. Strong evidence means not much of a deal available.
Old 05-30-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
In criminal cases you don't settle. Setting is done in civil cases, where you agree to just pay some amount of money. etc--you buy your way out. Can't do that with criminal prosecutors. You can do plea deals, agree to plead guilty to presumably reduced charges. In such deal, you're still guilty of something, though you maybe can get off with little or no prison time.... What the prosecutor gets out of it is avoiding the risk of losing in court. So it's all a matter of the strength of the evidence. Strong evidence means not much of a deal available.
I misworded it, did mean a plea bargain. Biggest bargaining chip Trump has is that he can mobilize his cult and call for riots. And the GOP for the large part will fall in line, make excuses or look the other way. We are a divided country and law & order is no longer one of our ideals.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:41 AM
Ready

I wouldn't call the threat of violence a way to get a plea deal, I'd call it extortion and sedition.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:10 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Donald Trump just needs a few names.

In recent months, the former president has asked close advisers, including at least one of his personal attorneys, if “we know” all the names of senior FBI agents and Justice Department personnel who have worked on the federal probes into him. That’s according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter and another person briefed on it.

Trump has then privately discussed that should he return to the White House, it is imperative his new Department of Justice “quickly” and “immediately” purge the FBI and DOJ’s ranks of these officials and agents who’ve led the Trump-related criminal investigations, the sources recount. The ex-president has of course dubbed all such probes as illegitimate “witch hunts,” and is now campaigning for the White House on a platform of “retribution” and cleaning house.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ge-1234743318/
Old 05-30-2023, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I wouldn't call the threat of violence a way to get a plea deal, I'd call it extortion and sedition.
Its been two years and five months since Trump left the White House and so far, one civil conviction on Ms. Carroll case and an extremely lightweight indictment by Alvin Bragg to show for all the investigations on top of investigations that several law enforcement agencies have undertaken.

Over and above any courtesy (or protocol) shown to an ex-president, it's the threat of violence I believe that is slowing down legal procedures. Just my opinion though. At this point, I will even settle for giving him the Snowden treatment and he can fly our in his own plane as long as he takes Junior with him permanently. (grin)
Old 05-30-2023, 01:08 PM

Letting him off like that will just allow him to continue to spread his poison. Don't forget, he has the right to STFU but not the ability to. He will continue to pollute our nation, our democracy as long as he is able to unless he is stopped.