Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:00 PM
Admin

Social Security and Medicare

As many here are apparently of a certain vintage...

"Tom Leppert, the former mayor of Dallas who, it was announced Monday, is a member of Donald Trump's "landing team" for the Social Security Administration, once released a plan calling for the privatization of Social Security and Medicare.

The "landing teams" interact with federal agencies in helping to set up the government under President-elect Trump after he is sworn into office.
Leppert, who released the plan during a failed bid for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate in Texas in 2012, most recently served as the CEO of Kaplan, Inc. Leppert supported Trump during the Republican primary and the president-elect thanked him at the time in a tweet.
But Leppert's past plans advocating privatizing both Social Security and Medicare make him a peculiar choice to run point on the Social Security Administration. Trump has unabashedly opposed any effort to change entitlements throughout the campaign, saying economic growth would keep entitlements from needing cuts. Emails to Leppert and Trump's spokespeople were not immediately returned.

Trump talked about entitlements earlier this year with a local Wisconsin radio station, saying, "Now, I want to get rid of waste, fraud, and abuse. I want to do a lot of things to it that are going to make it much better, actually. But I'm not going to cut it, and I'm not going to raise ages, and I'm not going to do all of the things that they want to do. But they want to really cut it, and they want to cut it very substantially, the Republicans, and I'm not going to do that."

"We're gonna save your Social Security without making any cuts. Mark my words," Trump said in February.

Yeah right, that warm yellow rain gently wafting down from atop Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue ain't manna from heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ex-...ex-m-eEKsg#t=0

Read more here - http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/news...ney_topstories
Old 11-22-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

"Tom Leppert, the former mayor of Dallas who, it was announced Monday, is a member of Donald Trump's "landing team" for the Social Security Administration, once released a plan calling for the privatization of Social Security and Medicare.

The "landing teams" interact with federal agencies in helping to set up the government under President-elect Trump after he is sworn into office.
Leppert, who released the plan during a failed bid for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate in Texas in 2012, most recently served as the CEO of Kaplan, Inc. Leppert supported Trump during the Republican primary and the president-elect thanked him at the time in a tweet.
But Leppert's past plans advocating privatizing both Social Security and Medicare make him a peculiar choice to run point on the Social Security Administration. Trump has unabashedly opposed any effort to change entitlements throughout the campaign, saying economic growth would keep entitlements from needing cuts. Emails to Leppert and Trump's spokespeople were not immediately returned.

Trump talked about entitlements earlier this year with a local Wisconsin radio station, saying, "Now, I want to get rid of waste, fraud, and abuse. I want to do a lot of things to it that are going to make it much better, actually. But I'm not going to cut it, and I'm not going to raise ages, and I'm not going to do all of the things that they want to do. But they want to really cut it, and they want to cut it very substantially, the Republicans, and I'm not going to do that."

"We're gonna save your Social Security without making any cuts. Mark my words," Trump said in February.

Yeah right, that warm yellow rain gently wafting down from atop Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue ain't manna from heaven.

Social Security and Medicare are effectively dead.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:47 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Who was just elected President of the United States?

Was it Tom Leppert?

Or was it Donald Trump?
Old 11-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
So you think if worst case scenario comes true, and Trump decides to let Paul Ryan and whathisname? Leppert run the show, that the pussy Dems won't be able to scare up 41 votes in the Senate to block it, even though they have 48 seats?

You may be right about that.

The Dems are pussies.

So I'll count on Trump to save my Social Security.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Who was just elected President of the United States?

Was it Tom Leppert?

Or was it Donald Trump?
You watch,Joad, and find out what it means to put your faith in a liar's promises.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Admin

Who said, "I'm going to hire the best people"?

I hope the elderly learn to enjoy the taste of catfood on crackers cause it surely won't be pate.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Admin

Quote:
You watch,Joad, and find out what it means to put your faith in a liar's promises.
It wouldn't be the first time he's been scammed. More'n likely he's got some prime land out there in the 'Glades somewheres. Hmmm, I've heard gators taste like chicken. I wonder if there's any truth to that?
Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Quote:
Who said, "I'm going to hire the best people"?

I hope the elderly learn to enjoy the taste of catfood on crackers cause it surely won't be pate.
You guys are fucking hilarious with your chicken little doom and gloom scenarios dancing like sugar plums all in your head.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
You guys are fucking hilarious with your chicken little doom and gloom scenarios dancing like sugar plums all in your head.
Meanwhile, you try to sugarcoat a neo-Nazi.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Meanwhile, you try to sugarcoat a neo-Nazi.
You are wrong on both counts.

Number one: Trump is not a Neo-Nazi.

Number two: I'm just providing a little objectivity to counter the anti-Trump hysteria that has taken over this forum.