Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
By the way, the Tax Foundation is no more non-partisan than the CBPP (they're conservative) and the analysis you point do has been criticized as incomplete and thereby fraudulent.
https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/20...laining-to-do/

The bottom line - Using only anecdotal evidence to prove a point proves only the existence of an anecdote (and nothing else). You should have learned that after your embarrassing Carrier Corp. post.
Bottom line - you point to a disingenuous, leftist economist to "debunk" the analysis by the Tax Foundation. I'm laughing right out loud.

By the way, just to help you out a bit more, and anecdote is generally used to describe a singular event. There have been multiple companies that have announced bonuses, wage increases, expansions, etc. that they attribute to a more favorable tax climate in 2018. The run up in the stock market in part is attributable to a more favorable tax and regulatory climate in 2018. I think we're a bit beyond classifying this evidence as "anecdotal". You might need to find a different pejorative term to make your failing narrative sound better.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Oh, and the Sam's Club closing are unfortunate. However, some locations will be converted to online distribution centers and others will be converted to Walmart stores. As I understand it, the stores were placed in areas where population growth was expected, but such growth didn't materialize.

Your invocation of Trump is curious, since the closing of these operations won't involve outsourcing of jobs to another country. But details like that typically don't stop you from mixing apples and oranges, I guess.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:00 PM

Now for some Right Wing economic wisdom.

IRS Sets Withholding Tables as GOP Pledges Paycheck Increase
Quote:
“This is outstanding for families in Texas and taxpayers across the country,” House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, a Texas Republican, said in a statement. Nine out of 10 taxpayers “will see a boost in their take-home pay within the coming weeks,” he said.
Quote:
Two congressional Democrats have expressed concern that the new tables would “systematically underwithhold income taxes during the 2018 tax year.” That sort of move would boost workers’ pay before the November 2018 congressional elections but could leave them “owing federal income tax when they file in 2019,” according to a Jan. 8 letter to the Treasury Department from Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon and Representative Richard Neal of Massachusetts.
Isn't this what Bush Sr. called Voodoo Economics? Goes to show that some of the people like Texas can be fooled all of the time.

Now we know why some Sam's Club locations (aka Walmart) are closing, Texans cannot make their layaway payments?

Two congressional Democrats have expressed concern that the new tables would “systematically underwithhold income taxes during the 2018 tax year.” That sort of move would boost workers’ pay before the November 2018 congressional elections but could leave them “owing federal income tax when they file in 2019,” according to a Jan. 8 letter to the Treasury Department from Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon and Representative Richard Neal of Massachusetts.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Now for some Right Wing economic wisdom.

IRS Sets Withholding Tables as GOP Pledges Paycheck Increase

Isn't this what Bush Sr. called Voodoo Economics? Goes to show that some of the people like Texas can be fooled all of the time.

Now we know why some Sam's Club locations (aka Walmart) are closing, Texans cannot make their layaway payments?

Um, what does this have to do with a reduction in corporate tax rates?

Oh, and leave it to the left to find something wrong with letting folks keep more of their own money from their paycheck.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Um, what does this have to do with a reduction in corporate tax rates?

Oh, and leave it to the left to find something wrong with letting folks keep more of their own money from their paycheck.
Really, define folks. I am not one since my property tax deduction is now limited to $10K which is less than half and own two homes with monthly mortgage payments.

Where are the corporate tax cuts going to?
And why isn't this related, better than the fake drivel you are peddling. This is an actual news item, not a twisted opinion from a minion of our deranged leader.

For deranged please read
Old 01-11-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Bottom line - you point to a disingenuous, leftist economist to "debunk" the analysis by the Tax Foundation. I'm laughing right out loud.
And you wonder why no one wants to discuss the issues with you.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
He's a real peach, ain't he?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Meanwhile, on the subject of the tax bill:

Millions of Americans will need to use a new Internal Revenue Service tool to ensure their new paychecks are accurate, Trump administration officials said Thursday as they issued guidelines for implementing the recently passed tax law...

In rushing the process, the Treasury Department is asking companies to rely on outdated forms to help determine how much to withhold...

(M)any Americans, including those who tend to itemize their tax returns, would need to use the online tool to ensure they aren’t dramatically overpaying or underpaying their taxes.

If they find their paychecks are inaccurate, it will be incumbent on the employees to tell their employers to make corrections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...4ef_story.html
But your hero Clinton retroactively taxed folks, including dead ones. So, what are you complaining about?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Really, define folks. I am not one since my property tax deduction is now limited to $10K which is less than half and own two homes with monthly mortgage payments.

Where are the corporate tax cuts going to?
And why isn't this related, better than the fake drivel you are peddling. This is an actual news item, not a twisted opinion from a minion of our deranged leader.

For deranged please read
Have fun going off topic all by yourself.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
He's a real peach, ain't he?
I'm thinking that its simply because you're not able to, because I've not seen much evidence to the contrary.