Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Due Process

Our idiotic Trumpenfuhrer tweeted that those seeking asylum should be deported without due process (in contradiction to a 1982 SCOTUS ruling). It seems his un-American tweets will ultimately again be used against him in litigating his unconscionable border policy.

These tweets will almost certainly be used in courts to challenge the Trump administration’s immigration policy, just as earlier Trump tweets on the Muslim ban have been. However effective Trump’s tweets are as propaganda, they also continue to be a self-inflicted legal wound.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1493...ajor-gift-aclu
Old 06-25-2018, 07:24 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Our idiotic Trumpenfuhrer tweeted that those seeking asylum should be deported without due process (in contradiction to a 1982 SCOTUS ruling). It seems his un-American tweets will ultimately again be used against him in litigating his unconscionable border policy.

These tweets will almost certainly be used in courts to challenge the Trump administration’s immigration policy, just as earlier Trump tweets on the Muslim ban have been. However effective Trump’s tweets are as propaganda, they also continue to be a self-inflicted legal wound.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1493...ajor-gift-aclu
The only wounds Trump is inflicting are to our nation as a whole. His tweets are to maintain his base's support, indulge his sense of humor and irritate/inflame his enemies. Sadly, he's doing a good job of it.

But don't take my word on it cause I'm just a contextually unsophisticated Texan.

Last edited by nailer; 06-25-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
The only wounds Trump is inflicting are to our nation as a whole. His tweets are to maintain his base's support, indulge his sense of humor and irritate/inflame his enemies. Sadly, he's doing a good job of it.

But don't take my word on it cause I'm just a contextually unsophisticated Texan.
At least you're self-aware, cowboy.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:31 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

That added last sentence is your always-tender ego getting in a little whine. Liked the post without it.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:02 AM

I am not so sure about Trump having a sense of humor.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:04 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
That added last sentence is your always-tender ego getting in a little whine. Liked the post without it.
finnbow got it, Snidely.

FYI: added text while finbow was replying and it was a tangental reply to a finnbow reply in another thread where we were also conversing this morning.

Last edited by nailer; 06-25-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I am not so sure about Trump having a sense of humor.
Trust me, it's his own personal sense of humor. If you shared it you'd be his lackey.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Banned

So it appears Trump don't actually need no stinkin' due process when it comes to aliens attempting to enter the country.

We have the "expidited removal" which allows for Border Patrol agents, ICE, DHS or other "authorized" personnel to turn away pretty much anybody that they fancy as "bad." The guidelines are vague, but basically...

Quote:
Before issuing an expedited removal order, an immigration officer must determine that the person is inadmissible to the United States because he or she either:

lied or misrepresented a material fact, including falsely claiming U.S. citizenship, in obtaining U.S. entry documents or admission, or
does not have a valid entry document (such as a visa or border crosser card) or travel document (such as a passport).
Concerns are:
1.Erroneous information provided by the immigrant, due to language barriers, confusion, fear, or I suppose...deceptiveness. 2.Inadequate protection for legitimate asylym seekers.

And of course the primary concern...At this point in time should any immigrant at the border be subject to "expidited removal" by the last person on earth who should have the authority to make an "expidited removal"? Which would be any person who is currenlty workinng for Donald Trump. So that would include everyone working in the executive branch of government including DHS, ICE, and the Border Patrol. I understand there are some good people in the executive branch who have been held over by the current administration and who probably don't deserve this sort of broad stroke brushing. But that's life in a country where the Executive Branch is currently under the control of an incompetent, despicable, bigoted pig.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-26-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Admin

Looks like a federal judge in San Diego believes differently.

(Reuters) - A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that U.S. immigration agents could no longer separate immigrant parents and children caught crossing the border from Mexico illegally, and must work to reunite those families that had been split up in custody.The ruling by U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw in San Diego came in a lawsuit filed over the family separations by the American Civil Liberties Union.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JN0BQ

That reminds me, time to send off another donation to the ACLU and the SPLC while I'm at it just for Mike.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:42 AM
Ready

Understand, it's a dynamic process: push, pull back, push more.

The commentator in the Irish Times calls it 'Test Marketing for Fascism.' His analysis is the tests are going well. So expect more, and worse.

Quote:
Fascism doesn’t arise suddenly in an existing democracy. It is not easy to get people to give up their ideas of freedom and civility. You have to do trial runs that, if they are done well, serve two purposes. They get people used to something they may initially recoil from; and they allow you to refine and calibrate. This is what is happening now and we would be fools not to see it.
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/f...ee2V6d.twitter