Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:14 PM

Bobabode,
I'll post info as I find it too.

mark
Old 04-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Bobabode,

mark
Right on!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Climate models vs reality here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc

Though I wonder what he means at the end. The 'illuminati'? Regardless of his personal opinions there are well sourced facts. Theory checked by actual measureable facts anyone? What do they call that again?

The climate models are observably seriously flawed. Using them to spend trillions is, um, foolish?

Consider too that weather on all of the planets is observably changing. Why all at once?

Global warming. I have a hard time believing humans aren't having an impact on the planet. According to the boffins life has caused planetwide changes in the past, even mass extinctions as a direct result, and humans are definitely changing things. However, it doesn't mean the current crop of people - many with a stake in their argument beyond the actual climate - are correct. We know very very little in the grand scheme of things but it is human nature to act on the assumption that we do.

It is also human nature for people in control to encourage arguments that benefit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
What you're seeing with all the obfuscation is a concerted effort by those who stand to gain from the continued burning of fossil fuels such as coal and petroleum. Follow the money Pete.
We agree on that being important but disagree on who or why

Pete
Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Global warming. I have a hard time believing humans aren't having an impact on the planet. According to the boffins life has caused planetwide changes in the past, even mass extinctions as a direct result, and humans are definitely changing things.
No, previous mass extinctions weren't caused by "life". There were 5 and all were caused by things like asteroid impacts or periods if intense vulcanism. Dinosaurs weren't wiped out by their own farts.

John
Old 04-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Bobabode,

mark
I don't know about where you guys live but all I have to do is look out the window - the weather is totally upside down.