Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Mike, Trump invited Kennedy to visit, and did talk to him in the context of querying him about vaccinations. Kennedy referenced the conversation within the framework of the dreaded c word.

It is difficult to carry on a written conversation when you take totally ambiguous positions until the tail end of the rest of the story, you don't assign any value whatsoever to Trump's body of public statements, and also see no nuance with Trump meeting Kennedy. Politics is all about negotiating, and who you will see, and who you won't see, and why. The fact that Kennedy got a meeting to talk on the subject specifically, and the pro vaccine foundation can't get calls returned, is a very clear nuance.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I prefer to wait until the guy actually does something before I'll criticize or approve of it. As others have observed, he has conflicting public statements on a number of issues. Also, Kennedy apparently mischaracterized the content of their visit in his statements.

So, I'll wait.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way. I prefer to wait until the guy actually does something before I'll criticize or approve of it. As others have observed, he has conflicting public statements on a number of issues. Also, Kennedy apparently mischaracterized the content of their visit in his statements.

So, I'll wait.
And that's at least as bad as considering an anti-vaxxer with no medical background to head such a commission (which he now may not do after all the (deserved) heat he has taken for him considering such ridiculous action).

I'm waiting until he does something that will result in your self-proclaimed skepticism causing you to speak out against Trump. It's not as though he hasn't done some profoundly ridiculous stuff in the past 1.5 years (or the last 3 days).
Old 01-17-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And that's at least as bad as considering an anti-vaxxer with no medical background to head such a commission (which he now may not do after all the (deserved) heat he has taken for him considering such ridiculous action).

I'm waiting until he does something that will result in your self-proclaimed skepticism causing you to speak out against Trump. It's not as though he hasn't done some profoundly ridiculous stuff in the past 1.5 years (or the last 3 days).
You've been just as hysterical, loud, condescending and fact - challenged in the last few days as our President - Elect.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
You've been just as hysterical, loud, condescending and fact - challenged in the last few days as our President - Elect.
In other words, "I haven't seen anything yet from Trump worthy of criticism."
Old 01-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Huh?

Finnbow has shown the utmost restraint and patience with you, Mike. He's calmly and cogently refuted your every argument and brushed aside your small minded attacks at every juncture. Grow up.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Huh?

Finnbow has shown the utmost restraint and patience with you, Mike. He's calmly and cogently refuted your every argument and brushed aside your small minded attacks at every juncture. Grow up.
Sure he has.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 AM

Well, a study involving 95,000 infants, under stringent controls, conducted by a team utilizing the most rigorous quality control, is a far better analytical tool than a study involving 12 infants, where all the medical records were falsified, the lead MD investigator was stripped of his medical license, and the professional journal published both a retraction and an apology.

Most of us don't realize how venerated and respected medical journals such as the NEJM, jAMA, and the LAncet are amongst MDs. They publish numerous cutting edge, highly researched, and cogent articles that often become incorporated as standard best medical practices, as well as groundbreaking infectious disease research.

A single article by a Boston MD in 1964 ended up saving my cousin's life. Hopefully this article re vaccines will convince people to disregard crackpots like Jenny McCarthy, and get the needed childhood vaccines.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Huh?

No he hasn't.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Sure he has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
No he hasn't.
Looks like we have a couple of Great Carnacks or maybe just Heckle & Jeckle here.

So, show me or in other words, put up or shut up.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:27 PM

Speaking of vaccines, why does the doctor charge $200 to inject it into your ass? The vaccine was only $40.00.