Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:52 PM
Admin

Rightwing Terrorism

"Three men pleaded guilty today to crimes related to a scheme to attack power grids in the United States in furtherance of white supremacist ideology.

According to court documents, Christopher Brenner Cook, 20, of Columbus, Ohio; Jonathan Allen Frost, 24, of West Lafayette, Indiana, and of Katy, Texas; and Jackson Matthew Sawall, 22, of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, each pleaded guilty to one count of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists. The charge and plea agreements indicate that the defendants knew and intended that the material support they conspired to provide would be used to prepare for and carry out the federal offense of destroying energy facilities.

“These three defendants admitted to engaging in a disturbing plot, in furtherance of white supremacist ideology, to attack energy facilities in order to damage the economy and stoke division in our country,” said Assistant Attorney General for National Security Matthew G. Olsen. “The Justice Department is committed to investigating and disrupting such terrorist plots and holding perpetrators accountable for their crimes.”

“These defendants conspired to use violence to sow hate, create chaos, and endanger the safety of the American people,” said U.S. Attorney Kenneth L. Parker for the Southern District of Ohio. “As this case shows, federal and state law enforcement agencies are dedicated to working together to protect this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”

“The defendants in this case wanted to attack regional power substations and expected the damage would lead to economic distress and civil unrest,” said Assistant Director Timothy Langan of the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division. “These individuals wanted to carry out such a plot because of their adherence to racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist views. When individuals move from espousing particular views to planning or committing acts of violence the FBI will investigate and take action to stop their plans. We will continue to work with our law enforcement partners to protect our communities.”

“Those inspired to commit terrorist acts in the name of hate pose a serious threat to our nation," said Special Agent in Charge J. William Rivers of the FBI’s Cincinnati Field Office. “I am thankful for the Joint Terrorism Task Force and our law enforcement partners who work each day to prevent this type of violence from occurring in our communities.”" DOJ

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/three...r-grids-united

I hope the judge locks these goddamned peckerwood terrorists for a very long time. 15 to life at minimum.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:45 PM
Ready

Elsewhere in the news, a group got together to do a group reading of the Communist Manifesto in Rhode Island (it was an anniversary of it). This triggered some local Nazi's to turn out, waving their Nazi flag, pounding on the windows, shouting obscenities. People inside felt very threatened. Police chased Nazis away, no one hurt.

Count as terrorism?
Old 02-24-2022, 12:06 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Elsewhere in the news, a group got together to do a group reading of the Communist Manifesto in Rhode Island (it was an anniversary of it). This triggered some local Nazi's to turn out, waving their Nazi flag, pounding on the windows, shouting obscenities. People inside felt very threatened. Police chased Nazis away, no one hurt.

Count as terrorism?
Yes, it does.
Old 02-24-2022, 01:25 AM
Rational Anarchist

Waving a red cape in front of enraged bulls? What would you expect?

Physical terrorism? Not seeing it here.

Mental terrorism? Yes. Fingers point based on color.

Last edited by nailer; 02-24-2022 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:44 AM

Regarding the OP; it sounds like another chat room sponsored by the FBI.

Doubt if those guys would have met of their own volition.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

Old 02-24-2022, 02:40 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

I liked the way the article pointed out that one of the stooges had previously lived in Texas.