Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Whoohoo!

And thanks ice. When I get out I'll kill you last.

Pete
Nobody gets out Pete. Didn't you hear? Obama just gave Pol Pot a green card last week. He's the next H.E.W. head of re-education.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Gee, and at the meeting I voted to remove you from the First Up Against The Wall When The Revolution Starts list.....I am hurt
Along with the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

John
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Nobody gets out Pete. Didn't you hear? Obama just gave Pol Pot a green card last week. He's the next H.E.W. head of re-education.
I heard he was going to be the Administrator of all the FEMA camps.

John
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Admin

Tea Partyist's make such good fertilizer...
Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Tea Partyist's make such good fertilizer...
Exactly the same effect as spreading a good layer of rotted manure. And you only need one Teabagger per acre.

John
Old 08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Exactly the same effect as spreading a good layer of rotted manure. And you only need one Teabagger per acre.

John
Just don' ferget to remove the oversized bile gland first.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
There were some folks claiming that Obama was a failure from the moment he took the oath of office and others within a few months of that event. Obviously, if one is claiming that he is a failure before he even gets his desk chair warm, the conclusion is not based on what Obama has or has not done in office. Therefore, it must be based on something else - and for some, it is what was reflected in the signs posted earlier.
Nothing to do with his race, man you guys are haters... Its all policy driven.

Economic stimulus package $787 billion with health care provisions within hidden stimulus bill.

Passes The $275 billion Homeowners Affordability and Stability Plan

how many lobbyists did he hire his first two weeks... hmmm, 17

He promised to post every bill that passed Congress online for 5 days before signing the legislation.... how long...? 4

Then stright into national health care and Cap and Trade

Blah, Blah, Blah

Last edited by JBS...; 08-28-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

His answer, "Yeah all that stuff and the constitution or whatever, but Obama has got to go first and the sooner, the better." Old Boy didn't care about anything but Obama.

Point is; Do you think there would have been the same reaction if the Liberal Democrat who won in '08 had been Hillary Clinton or, say, Joe Biden?

I don't. Then it truly would have been all about policy and ignoramuses like the guy on that panel would have stayed home. I'm pretty sure of it.

Dave
Clinton took plenty of heat from the right. In fact, I'd say rather similar to what Barack has seen. Now, one may argue that Clinton was our first "black" president and, thus, the similar reaction; however, I think it's far more likely it was his liberal positions early in his first term. Clinton was astute enough to realize his error and pivoted whereas Obama continues to take a hard line partisan approach. His whole campaign appears to be predicated on the demonization of his opponents. Axelrod, Plouff, and Jarrett are all hardline partisans and have influenced Obama negatively IMHO.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post
Nothing to do with his race, man you guys are haters... Its all policy driven.
Don't hate you..... yet.

Quote:
Economic stimulus package $787 billion with health care provisions within hidden stimulus bill.
It worked. No objective analysis could conclude otherwise. We went from hemorrhaging 700,000 jobs a month to a period of continuous job growth, modest though it may be.

Quote:
Passes The $275 billion Homeowners Affordability and Stability Plan
Another good thing. It's partially responsible for the reduction in the rate of home foreclosures.

Quote:
how many lobbyists did he hire his first two weeks... hmmm, 17
I don't know about your numbers but, in principle, I'll give you that one.

Quote:
He promised to post every bill that passed Congress online for 5 days before signing the legislation.... how long...? 4
Give you that one too but the bills are still available to read for the 3 or 4 people that want to. Do you know how LONG those things are?

Quote:
Then stright into national health care
A major accomplishment, IMO, despite falling significantly short of where I'd have liked it to go.

Quote:
and Cap and Trade
Waxman/Markey didn't get through the Senate (filibustered).

John
Old 08-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Clinton took plenty of heat from the right. In fact, I'd say rather similar to what Barack has seen. Now, one may argue that Clinton was our first "black" president and, thus, the similar reaction; however, I think it's far more likely it was his liberal positions early in his first term. Clinton was astute enough to realize his error and pivoted whereas Obama continues to take a hard line partisan approach. His whole campaign appears to be predicated on the demonization of his opponents. Axelrod, Plouff, and Jarrett are all hardline partisans and have influenced Obama negatively IMHO.
Perhaps, but it may be the only way to deal with the Neanderthals he confronted with. When his opponents overreach and say ridiculous, hateful chit (as is their wont), it's completely fair to trash them.

It is a bit ironic to hear the GOP criticize a Dem for being nasty or partisan. Somehow, I think the GOP thinks they have free license to say all sorts of ridiculous nasty chit, but somehow recoil when the Dems respond in kind.