Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:34 AM

Slavery as a Historical Fact.

I thought this might be a good Change of pace for talk.Savery and the concepts and Principles in History,A lot of Young People Beleive Slavery begin in the new World,or Early Americas Settlements.Whith the European Transport of People Of africa bought to the Americas.But In reality the Slave Market Started thousands of years ago,And the Ones Being the Latest opresed WQere at one time the Supreme rulers and Had Slavery down to a Very fine Buissness model.Slavery In history has Always Had A domoniantplace In middle eastern Cradle of Civilization Countries.

A lot of people would be surprised to know that It still thrives in 2014,But does Altough it is now Undergroung entirely.But it is A High Profit Buissness.I could go into particulars of different Ethnic peoples and there slavery Practices And Principles or the many levels and kinds of Slavery.indentured servitude was one way of working off dept and still used in many Third World Countries,
I will turn this over to some more learned and educated individual here,and add in were I fill I can contribute more.I just thought this might be good to talk About to get A break from the other stuff.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:38 AM

here is A little bit of a region and time line bit. http://newint.org/features/2001/08/05/history/
Old 05-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Ready

To modify an old joke: slavery is the exploitation of man by man; wage labor is just the opposite. Though in general slavery is more brutal and exploitative, no doubt. But the root of the problem is the same.

Is mitigation of exploitation the best we can hope for?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
To modify an old joke: slavery is the exploitation of man by man; wage labor is just the opposite. Though in general slavery is more brutal and exploitative, no doubt. But the root of the problem is the same.

Is mitigation of exploitation the best we can hope for?
Well not as Exploitation,but in a openview of why it is what is is and was a powerful tool in the past,I think Al know the practice to be immoral already,But as A study of Interest,I find it interesting that even doing a search on slavery you get more results on the American Slave trade,Than the world wide trade.I remember My mother told us one time ,if we stayed out after dark a chinese man would get us and take us to Shang Hai,thus SHANGHAIED.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Ready

I'll just point out that 'all' may know it to be immoral, but a great many don't find that to be a decisive drawback....
Old 05-28-2014, 11:03 AM

I know there has been a Little inerest in the slavery going on in London and some other British Cities,And a couple movies and documentaries.
but as a Whole the mordern slave tradeis Remarkably abundant in the amount of people sold into it.and Quite a Few from America actualy.Missing persons reports and missing transients are not high on the law enorcement blotter sheet.but the numbers are shocking.It is so easy to just take someone off the street and enter them into servatute.I dont know maybe the air is not right at the moment but I do see modern slavery being a Issue soon.all stemming from the long practice Bussiness of slavery.everthing has a time for meaning.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Predatory lenders are a form of modern day slavers IMO.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Predatory lenders are a form of modern day slavers IMO.
Yes we all endure slavery of some type,you can look at it,I am a slave to my Wife and Animals,But I am willing but I think it still qualifys as a slave.I would imagine there might be a lot of people that would like to own slaves,Seriously,I bet there are.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Yes we all endure slavery of some type,you can look at it,I am a slave to my Wife and Animals,But I am willing but I think it still qualifys as a slave.I would imagine there might be a lot of people that would like to own slaves,Seriously,I bet there are.
I don't think there are all that many.

Most of the modern day exploiters find it cheaper to just pay them minimum wages and then kick them to the curb when they are finished using them.

Everything is disposable today, including people.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I'll just point out that 'all' may know it to be immoral, but a great many don't find that to be a decisive drawback....
Perhaps "ethically indefensible" might be a better term.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk