Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Wisconsin Polling - Romney small lead

Obama won the state handily in 2008. Of course, its way early and this can in now way be informative of this fall's election results, but it is interesting none the less.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...ng-a-smal.html

"Raleigh, N.C.-- PPP's first Wisconsin poll since Mitt Romney announced Paul Ryan as his running mate finds him taking a small lead over Barack Obama in the state, 48-47. That represents a 7 point shift from PPP's last look at the state in early July, which found Obama ahead 50-44."

"Ryan isn't exactly a universally popular figure in his home state. 49% of voters have a favorable opinion of him to 45% with a negative one. But that does give him the best numbers of anybody on either ticket in the state. Obama has a 46% approval rating with 50% of voters disapproving of him, Romney has a 45/48 favorability rating, and Joe Biden stands at 41/48."

"A big reason Wisconsin remains so competitive for the GOP is that the electorate looks like it will be considerably more Republican leaning than it was in 2008, reflecting the continued high energy level of the party's voters after its victory in June's recall election. We find an electorate that's 34% Republican and 32% Democratic. Exit polls in 2008 showed Democrats with a 6 point turnout advantage, 39% to 33%. Although the enthusiasm gap that plagued Democrats nationally in 2010 has dissipated some places, it appears to still be a real issue for them in Wisconsin."

One also has to wonder how much of a bad after-taste the electorate in Wisconsin has of the left in the state after the attempt to recall Scott Walker. The independents appear to be leaning to the right this year.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Area Man

A tight race to be sure. Not quite the "slaughter" predicted in some circles, is it?

Dave
Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM

I am trying to keep my sanity by not intentionally following the tit for tat stuff. But I do read the news and see some mighty odd stuff from Mitt.
If you go to his page and read the policy that someone I guess wrote for him, I am starting to think he hasn't even read it himself. Stuff like:
Quote:
To defeat the insurgency in Afghanistan, the United States will need the cooperation of both the Afghan and Pakistani governments. It is in the interests of all three nations to see that Afghanistan and the Afghanistan-Pakistan border region are rid of the Taliban and other insurgent groups. Mitt Romney will work with both the Afghan government and Pakistan to ensure that those nations are fully contributing to success in Afghanistan.
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/afghanistan-pakistan
Cooperation, both the Afghan and Pakistani? Yeah, right. And as if Hillary has done nothing. And the border and hills of Pakistan, they are around a lot more than the border and nobody will flush them fully out of Pakistans hills. Kinda clueless in a way but then like I said I am doubting he wrote that or even read it.

Then I read this:
Quote:
"Our guys are coming home in body bags," the man said. "You guys take over in Washington, what are you going to do about this damn mess in Afghanistan?"
Romney responded to the question by criticizing Obama for not regularly updating the country on the progress of the war.
"I expect the president of the United States to address the nation on a regular basis," Romney said.
Romney went on to pledge he would "address the American people about these issues."
Shifting to policy, Romney said he would "do everything within my power to transition from our military to their military as soon as possible."
http://thehill.com/video/campaign/24...on-afghanistan
Geez, a new day and a new policy, ASAP or as soon as what I want done is done?, or does he really have no clue on what's on his website. And we are supposed to read all that when he won't? Where's that Sarah at?
I like the spew about not enough addressing the American public. Give me a break.

Carl

Last edited by CarlV; 08-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 PM

I always disregard polls till after the debates. But this year with all the big money advertising who knows what will influence the undecided. Personally it may well be the majority of the undecided will stay home on election day. This election hinges on the base supporters showing up on election day.

Barney
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

If Obama wins Florida, Wisconsin doesn't matter and the Romney/Ryan Medicare plan will quite possibly ensure an Obama win there.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
If Obama wins Florida, Wisconsin doesn't matter and the Romney/Ryan Medicare plan will quite possibly ensure an Obama win there.
You're wrong Finn, you libs always count on the older folk being stupid and they ain't. They've already figured out who really wants to raid Medicare and who has a plan to save it for their children. And let me tell you, Obama's telling Israel to go take a flying fuck, isn't playing well with the Jewish Folk down there either. Look at the polls mang. I say right now, Romney takes Florida, Missouri, and Wisconsin. Where will that leave "your" boy? I'll also add, from my crystal ball, that Israel blows Ihockedmydinnerjackets ass off within the first 3 months of a Romney admin..

Get your paychecks out fellers.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
You're wrong Finn, you libs always count on the older folk being stupid and they ain't. They've already figured out who really wants to raid Medicare and who has a plan to save it for their children. And let me tell you, Obama's telling Israel to go take a flying fuck, isn't playing well with the Jewish Folk down there either. Look at the polls mang. I say right now, Romney takes Florida, Missouri, and Wisconsin. Where will that leave "your" boy? I'll also add, from my crystal ball, that Israel blows Ihockedmydinnerjackets ass off within the first 3 months of a Romney admin..

Get your paychecks out fellers.
It seems you haven't been paying attention to news reports (Faux doesn't qualify as news) on the current electoral college projections. That said, it's still early and a toss-up.

Iran will make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a playground. Iran has about 2.5X as many people as both Iraq and Afghanistan.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
It seems you haven't been paying attention to news reports (Faux doesn't qualify as news) on the current electoral college projections. That said, it's still early and a toss-up.

Iran will make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a playground. Iran has about 2.5X as many people as both Iraq and Afghanistan.
And they all hate their president or whatever he calls himself. No one
voted for him.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
And they all hate their president or whatever he calls himself. No one
voted for him.
Until we attack him, that is. Then they'll rally around him. Count on it.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
Until we attack him, that is. Then they'll rally around him. Count on it.
Dont count it...

The iranian youth wants change just as much as some of us in the states...