Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Take a look at your history books kiddies, Republican administrations don't exactly have a great track record when it comes to winning fights. It was Congress and the GOP led CIA that screwed up Bill's shot at bin Laden. If the missiles had been launched when originally planned bin Laden would be history. Then Rummy screwed up at Tora Bora . . .
Old 07-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Advisers or not Bill is the one who should shoulder that responsibility.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

So who should shoulder the responsibility for ignoring all the warnings about bin Laden prior to 9/11? Who is to blame for ignoring FBI field operatives warnings about foreign arabs taking flying lessons? I think there is plenty to go around.

I realize the Clintons are about as popular as skunks at a picnic (Mellon Scaife sure got his money's worth) but the budget was balance, my 401k was worth something and new jobs were created. We are currently now just where we were in 2000 and still slipping.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-04-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator

The problem I have with clinton is folks idolize him for financial reasons but no one holds him accountable for any of the middle east which after all is one of the main stepping stones to being where we are now.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
. We are currently now just where we were in 2000 and still slipping.
You need to check out some other investments. I was able to get every penny back and then some, and with very low risk stuff. There's a lot of good opportunitys out there right now (think stimulus cash).
Old 07-12-2009, 03:47 PM

Fallout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I think as long as we follow international law we will not have to worry about drawing anyone else in. I believe we will with Obie at the helm.
If North Korea was hit by a nuclear weapon could the fallout reach China? I know nothing of weather patterns, but if prevailing winds did that, how would China respond?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
If North Korea was hit by a nuclear weapon could the fallout reach China? I know nothing of weather patterns, but if prevailing winds did that, how would China respond?
I don't understand what your question has to do with my post?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:56 AM

What if???

Originally Posted by noonereal:
I think as long as we follow international law we will not have to worry about drawing anyone else in. I believe we will with Obie at the helm.

:

Originally Posted by Combwork:
If North Korea was hit by a nuclear weapon could the fallout reach China? I know nothing of weather patterns, but if prevailing winds did that, how would China respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal;2580[I
][/I]I don't understand what your question has to do with my post?
Collateral damage. TwoDogs original post painted a "what if?" scenario; "How much crap do we have to take from these little bastards before we vaporize their asses?". Question may have been rhetorical but it's a point that's been made before and it raises an interesting side issue; how hard can 'we' go in response to a perceived or actual threat without considering damage to third parties and the consequences of that damage? Let's look at another "what if" scenario. What if the Mexican government fell, a hard line junta took over and proceeded to take the piss out of everyone? One way or another it went too far and got hit with a single nuclear missile. Maybe not a big one, but irrespective of how accurately it was targeted, how would the USA react if the fallout drifted in over Texas?

Last edited by Combwork; 07-13-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
Originally Posted by noonereal:

:

Originally Posted by Combwork:
If North Korea was hit by a nuclear weapon could the fallout reach China? I know nothing of weather patterns, but if prevailing winds did that, how would China respond

Collateral damage. TwoDogs original post painted a "what if?" scenario; "How much crap do we have to take from these little bastards before we vaporize their asses?". Question may have been rhetorical but it's a point that's been made before and it raises an interesting side issue; how hard can 'we' go in response to a perceived or actual threat without considering damage to third parties and the consequences of that damage? Let's look at another "what if" scenario. What if the Mexican government fell, a hard line junta took over and proceeded to take the piss out of everyone? One way or another it went too far and got hit with a single nuclear missile. Maybe not a big one, but irrespective of how accurately it was targeted, how would the USA react if the fallout drifted in over Texas?
but if we followed international law, would not China be part of the decision making process? If we were attacked directly so that we needed to respond directly China would be notified of exactly what our intentions were.
Hence I don't think our actions would drawn in anyone else.
If we pull and Iraq in that part of the world then your question is a concern.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

My understanding is that Tridents can be equipped with non nuclear warheads just as cruise missiles are. Of course I still wish thay had not stopped development on the cobalt bomb, that could solve the mideast problem.