Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:37 AM

Last will and testament.

I want to have a legal will when I pass on And I will proly go before my wife.can some one tell me which is the best course to take to have my final wishes on paper and for it to be Binding in a court of Law.I am in Oklahoma and have no Lawyer. I have seen the legal zoom advertised,Are they any good or what is I have about $100 to spend for a Will.I want it set up like a trust with a caretaker/guardian for my wife to act as a trustee also with the money.I want something that will take effect fast and not have to go into a waiting period.

Any one know anything about this kind of stuff or have any Ideas,I have a couple good Insurance policies and buriel Ins for both of us,also some 401's and a small pension.I know my Wife is first on the feeding chain,but I want the Guardian to be Second,I want My siblings out of the picture altogether.Little help please.

Last edited by one1; 07-12-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:52 AM

Make sure the beneficiary portion of Insurance and other accounts is correct. Put cars home any bank accounts in your name and name of the person intending to bequeath to.

Most funeral home will take your money now and do a "paid up" for later. Only expenses later will be on how many viewings and incidentals.

When it comes to something important like a Will cheap could be expensive. Call a few lawyers and get prices. It could be under a couple of hundred of well spent dollars.

Barney
Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Make sure the beneficiary portion of Insurance and other accounts is correct. Put cars home any bank accounts in your name and name of the person intending to bequeath to.

Most funeral home will take your money now and do a "paid up" for later. Only expenses later will be on how many viewings and incidentals.

When it comes to something important like a Will cheap could be expensive. Call a few lawyers and get prices. It could be under a couple of hundred of well spent dollars.

Barney
yes you are right I am sure I don't owe any one and our burials are prearranged with just a graveside service at a military cemetery.I don't think it should be too complicated of a will ,I will talk to the lawyer that did my parents estate.the main concern is I want my Wife to continue not having any worries and living a happy lifestyle,She has never known hunger and suffering.she is the reason I do what I do.