Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're too stupid to realize that you just made my point. Fifteen companies out of ~6 million American companies giving raises or bonuses hardly represents a strong trend. It's even less than the 2% I cited earlier.
I could give you a bigger list that includes 285 companies, but you'd just bitch about the source. Here it is, anyway.

https://www.atr.org/list

But so what? I strongly suspect this list will continue to grow.

And leave it to you to bitch about the fact that folks are actually benefiting from all this. Your 2% number is horsecrap for a host of reasons. For example, I'd think in reality that its amazing that 2% of the folks whose highlight of any given day is to participate in a phone survey actually admitted to benefiting from a change in the tax law. Besides, the new tax withholding tables haven't started impacting take - home pay yet.

Bottom line: this whole thing is only a month old. If anyone else (likely someone with a "D" after their name on a ballot) were in the White House, we'd not see any of these announcements because there would not have been a business - friendly change in the tax law. And if there were such a change, you'd be trumpeting announcements like these by businesses. But, since there's a Repub in the White House, you're going to bitch about it endlessly.

Enjoy your angst.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:06 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I could give you a bigger list that includes 285 companies, but you'd just bitch about the source. Here it is, anyway.

https://www.atr.org/list

But so what? I strongly suspect this list will continue to grow.

And leave it to you to bitch about the fact that folks are actually benefiting from all this. Your 2% number is horsecrap for a host of reasons. For example, I'd think in reality that its amazing that 2% of the folks whose highlight of any given day is to participate in a phone survey actually admitted to benefiting from a change in the tax law. Besides, the new tax withholding tables haven't started impacting take - home pay yet.

Bottom line: this whole thing is only a month old. If anyone else (likely someone with a "D" after their name on a ballot) were in the White House, we'd not see any of these announcements because there would not have been a business - friendly change in the tax law. And if there were such a change, you'd be trumpeting announcements like these by businesses. But, since there's a Repub in the White House, you're going to bitch about it endlessly.

Enjoy your angst.
Grover 'Effin' Norquist? You follow that guy? Of course you do...
Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Grover 'Effin' Norquist? You follow that guy? Of course you do...
Well, if Finn didn't bitch about the source as I forecast in my post, you'd be the next logical forum member to do it. And, predictably, here you are.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
Well, if Finn didn't bitch about the source as I forecast in my post, you'd be the next logical forum member to do it. And, predictably, here you are.
Just because you try to preemptively give cover to your moronic source ie Grover fuckin' Norquisling doesn't make it a valid tactic, dipstick. Better luck next time.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Just because you try to preemptively give cover to your moronic source ie Grover fuckin' Norquisling doesn't make it a valid tactic, dipstick. Better luck next time.
Just because you don't like the source, dipstick, doesn't mean that the information provided is incorrect. And, unless you can refute the data, then simply saying you don't like the source isn't a valid tactic. In tact, that tactic is predictable as hell with some folks here. So, my comments were far less "preemptive" than your response was predictable.

Better luck next time...and try next time with some actual facts.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Admin

Quote:
Just because you don't like the source, dipstick, doesn't mean that the information provided is incorrect. And, unless you can refute the data, then simply saying you don't like the source isn't a valid tactic. In tact, that tactic is predictable as hell with some folks here. So, my comments were far less "preemptive" than your response was predictable.

Good lil' parrot, Mikey wanna cracker?

Grover Norquist is more than a few bricks shy of a load, my friend.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Good lil' parrot, Mikey wanna cracker?

Grover Norquist is more than a few bricks shy of a load, my friend.
So is your reply, but keep tryin'...
Old 10-10-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
How about these facts, dufus? You drank the Kool-Aid, you refused to listen to reason. Bummer for you that your entire argument has proven to be BS.

Nearly two-thirds say they've seen no increase in take-home pay from GOP tax cuts: Gallup

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-take-home-pay