Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
I don't actually see it, other than Mike Pence trying to woo the main stream churches, and I'm sure the churches donate a lot of money.

But I don't see any Christians ruling the country. Y'all will have to convince of the Nat C take over.

I think the worst of it was Billy Graham's love for Lyndon Johnson, trying to convince everyone that Jesus thought Napalm was good stuff (my spin). We haven't seen anything like that since.
What do you call the effective repeal of Roe vs. Wade by the Supreme Catholic Court of the United States, aka SCCOTUS, even more powerful than the Pope himself. Abortion is supported by 61% of Americans.

Public funding of religious schools? School prayer/prayer before a high school football game? In God We Trust signs in Texas classrooms?

If you don't believe that these are not signs of government sponsored Christinization of America, you should buy the Brooklyn bridge.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
What do you call the effective repeal of Roe vs. Wade by the Supreme Catholic Court of the United States, aka SCCOTUS, even more powerful than the Pope himself. Abortion is supported by 61% of Americans.

Public funding of religious schools? School prayer/prayer before a high school football game? In God We Trust signs in Texas classrooms?

If you don't believe that these are not signs of government sponsored Christinization of America, you should buy the Brooklyn bridge.
The repeal of Roe vs Wade was just de-centralization of political power, they kicked it back to the states for them to make their own decisions. It also cut Federal Funding for most abortions.

Kansas, that dreaded Red State, full of conservative Republicans and Christians actually let the people vote in a political decision (for once) as soon as Roe vs Wade was repealed.

We're Pro-Choice now. Not Pro-Life. By a huge margin, no less, like 55% to 40%. There's that crazy 40% Trumpkin thing again (Pio might get a kick out the 40%). Not sure where the funding comes from for the women who can't pay.

I never seen, or heard about prayer in schools, or at any sporting events in Kansas. "In God We Trust" is printed on all our money, I don't see it any where else.

Even our Catholic schools in Kansas are private tuition. If there are government funded religious schools, I'm not aware of it.

Last edited by BigElCat; 09-06-2022 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:39 PM

Ha.

Rajoo was referring to a Supreme Court ruling about a High School coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQJo1La1-I

So now it goes back to each state to decide if prayer can be allowed in schools.

Anyone can privately pray at any time, any place. It's allowing others to see you, and know what you're doing that's an issue.

Christ said to only pray in private, not showing off to other people.

The coach defied the teaching of Jesus. I hope he wasn't praying for the other team to lose. And the powers of evil have now made it legal.

But it's not like the kids are being forced to do it.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:06 AM

Found another example of what y'all are talking about;

The American Redoubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDWaa3NshyM

That's lunatic fringe stuff, though. They're clueless that the Fourth Reichers are evil. They'll figure it out too late.

Last edited by BigElCat; 09-07-2022 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:39 AM

Allowing public school tax dollars to fund private church tuition. The so call charter schools eroding chipping away at public schools.

The CRT issue, Abortion Gender even Creation and Climate is being question not on the facts or science. Rather on a segments core values and beliefs. School board elections across the country are being targeted by churches as ripe pickings.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Ha.

Anyone can privately pray at any time, any place. It's allowing others to see you, and know what you're doing that's an issue.

Christ said to only pray in private, not showing off to other people.

The coach defied the teaching of Jesus. I hope he wasn't praying for the other team to lose. And the powers of evil have now made it legal.

But it's not like the kids are being forced to do it.
That's misconstruing Matthew 6:5. The text is this:

When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”

These words in context are dismissive of folks who pray or go to church to make a public display of their faith for their own purposes. This type of display is not a prayer to God but putting yourself and your desire to appear "righteous" ahead of God.

This doesn't mean its wrong or "defies the teachings of Jesus" to pray with others. It does mean that prayers should be sincere and for the right motives.

There are instances in the bible where Jesus was witnessed in prayer. In fact, in Luke 11:1, after witnessing Jesus in prayer, the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Allowing public school tax dollars to fund private church tuition. The so call charter schools eroding chipping away at public schools.

The CRT issue, Abortion Gender even Creation and Climate is being question not on the facts or science. Rather on a segments core values and beliefs. School board elections across the country are being targeted by churches as ripe pickings.
Not so much. I went to Catholic schools, and sure, Religious Ed was part of the curriculum. But Catholic teachings did not supplant or inform the teaching of science, math, history, or any other subject matter. In fact, in 8th grade, I was a good little environmentalist and did a science project on the impact of chlorofluorocarbons on the ozone layer.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”

These words in context are dismissive of folks who pray or go to church to make a public display of their faith for their own purposes. This type of display is not a prayer to God but putting yourself and your desire to appear "righteous" ahead of God.

This doesn't mean its wrong or "defies the teachings of Jesus" to pray with others. It does mean that prayers should be sincere and for the right motives.

There are instances in the bible where Jesus was witnessed in prayer. In fact, in Luke 11:1, after witnessing Jesus in prayer, the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray.
We are in total agreement for a change Sir and one of my closest friends and a board member is named Matthew. So thank you once again Matthew.

And yes, kneeling at the 50 yard line in a so called silent prayer is BS. Only Christians kneel down to pray that I know of, not Muslims, Buddhists or the Hindus. So yes, its open promotion of Christianity within a secular state and should be constitutionally prohibited.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:41 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Nice rebuke.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
We are in total agreement for a change Sir and one of my closest friends and a board member is named Matthew. So thank you once again Matthew.

And yes, kneeling at the 50 yard line in a so called silent prayer is BS. Only Christians kneel down to pray that I know of, not Muslims, Buddhists or the Hindus. So yes, its open promotion of Christianity within a secular state and should be constitutionally prohibited.
Incorrect. The practice of kneeling in prayer is most commonly associated with Christianity in this country. Kneeling is also practiced in Islam and Hinduism.

In the case of the football coach, I suspect the separation of church and state hard-core folks would have been pissed about the situation whether the coach was kneeling, standing, or hanging upside down from the goal post.