Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:15 AM

Never take up journalism, Whell. You can’t even get a simple quote correct. Small wonder you despise good journalism, facts just aren’t your thing.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Never take up journalism, Whell. You can’t even get a simple quote correct. Small wonder you despise good journalism, facts just aren’t your thing.
Swing and a miss! Strike two! I'm just looking for you to back up your typical loud-mouth, vapid claims.

Let's try this another way:

Do you now deny that you asked me why I no longer think good economic news is "fake news" in the Obama years? And if you did ask me that, doesn't that question presuppose that I thought that such news was "fake news"?
Old 07-16-2018, 12:34 PM

Do you still believe that all the good economic news under Obama was “fake news”, as your puppet master so adamantly declared? Moron.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Do you now deny that you asked me why I no longer think good economic news is "fake news" in the Obama years? And if you did ask me that, doesn't that question presuppose that I thought that such news was "fake news"?
You parrot Trump's nonsense every single day and your Dear Leader "has called the unemployment figure “fake” as many as 19 times before he embraced the numbers as president. And, nearly a year ago, we gave Trump Four Pinocchios for claiming “the unemployment figure, as you know, is totally fiction,” during a rally in Des Moines."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...obama-economy/

During the Obama administration, you whined constantly about the U3 vs U6 unemployment rates, saying that only the higher U6 mattered under Obama, but now only the lower U3 matters under your Dear Leader. You're as disingenuous as you are dishonest, though what else can be expected from a Trump cultist?
Old 07-16-2018, 01:22 PM

The stock market is about to set a bearish record

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ord-2018-06-28

Including Friday, both the Dow and the S&P have been in correction territory for 108 trading days. This matches the longest such stretch since the financial crisis in 2008.

Should the two primary market gauges stay in correction through the close of trading on Monday, that will mean they are in their longest such stretch since 1984. In that stretch, it took the S&P 122 days to emerge from correction territory, and the Dow 123 days, according to the WSJ Market Data Group.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Do you still believe that all the good economic news under Obama was “fake news”, as your puppet master so adamantly declared? Moron.
Why ask that question now? You declared that I believed exactly that in your earlier post. Is this your version of backtracking?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You parrot Trump's nonsense every single day and your Dear Leader "has called the unemployment figure “fake” as many as 19 times before he embraced the numbers as president. And, nearly a year ago, we gave Trump Four Pinocchios for claiming “the unemployment figure, as you know, is totally fiction,” during a rally in Des Moines."
Oh, I see. So, you're declaring some form of twisted guilt by association.

Quote:
During the Obama administration, you whined constantly about the U3 vs U6 unemployment rates, saying that only the higher U6 mattered under Obama, but now only the lower U3 matters under your Dear Leader. You're as disingenuous as you are dishonest, though what else can be expected from a Trump cultist?
Yup, I did. Under Obama the U3 was going down while the U6 was rising. Just recently, the U6 number has started to fall as well. Not enough data yet to suggest a trend. However, if it continues, that would certainly underscore the point that was being made during the Obama years: the reduction of the U3 and the rise of the U6 were related. More folks than just Trump were making this point. In fact, the point was being made before Trump started to repeat it.

Last edited by whell; 07-16-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, I see. So, you're declaring some form of twisted guilt by association.

Yup, I did. Under Obama the U3 was going down while the U6 was rising. Just recently, the U6 number has started to fall as well. Not enough data yet to suggest a trend. However, if it continues, that would certainly underscore the point that was being made during the Obama years: the reduction of the U3 and the rise of the U6 were related. More folks than just Trump were making this point. In fact, the point was being made before Trump started to repeat it.
Of course, as always you're full of shit. Somehow, your twisted mind tells you that the economic woes brought on by events that took place before Obama was elected (the market crash in year eight of Dubya) were somehow Obama's fault. We're basically returning to the mean after the cataclysm of Dubya's economic stewardship which was largely corrected by Obama's policies and are now being threatened by the Lying Dotard's trade policy.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Of course, as always you're full of shit. Somehow, your twisted mind tells you that the economic woes brought on by events that took place before Obama was elected (the market crash in year eight of Dubya) were somehow Obama's fault. We're basically returning to the mean after the cataclysm of Dubya's economic stewardship which was largely corrected by Obama's policies and are now being threatened by the Lying Dotard's trade policy.

Sorry, you're wrong again. Filling you with shit would likely be an improvement.

The jobless rate ticked down to an 18-year low of 3.5%, indicating that the nine-year stretch of economic expansion has scope to continue. Black unemployment, in fact, fell to a record low. The real unemployment rate, also known as the U6 rate, contracted to 7.6% from 7.8%. The U6 now stands at a level lower than it was during the 2007-2009 recession.

https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/306...ks-5-top-picks

As I also said, and you likely missed because you're full of yourself in your role as contrarian, this can't be called a trend yet due to the lack of data points. However, it is consistent with the impact of a labor market at or near "full employment".

Leave it to you to try to throw shit on what could very well be good news.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:54 AM

Hey, Whell, now that it’s absolutely certain yer boy Donny is a traitor, will you finally pull your nose out of his ass?