Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm not angry, but when I read it, it wasn't identified as something found elsewhere and thereby portrayed as original thought. I suspect it was probably written in a Karl Rove financed sweat-shop in the Houston 'burbs.
Jeesh Finn, I heard that joke 10 years ago, are you kidding me? Was the term sweat shop your original idea? You didn't put quotes around it, so you must be a plagiarist. You people are laughable. How do you get your shoes on in the morning and get to work, or are you all holding out for management positions and sucking the government teat. That would at least explain your political positions.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Jeesh Finn, I heard that joke 10 years ago, are you kidding me? Was the term sweat shop your original idea? You didn't put quotes around it, so you must be a plagiarist. You people are laughable. How do you get your shoes on in the morning and get to work, or are you all holding out for management positions and sucking the government teat. That would at least explain your political positions.
I understand and sympathize with you having identified with his simple-minded post. Was it you who wrote it in Rove's sweat-shop or did you do pro-bono for your masters?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Admin

What's shoes? and do they taste good, any recipes?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
No hard feeling, Murray. Welcome to PC. I just get so sick and tired of receiving chit like that from my mother-in-law by email, most of which she forwards thinking that it is actually a true story. I mistakenly thought you were similarly afflicted. My apologies. Carry on.
Thanks for that.

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be a lot going on here so that's why I seldom show up. Hmmm, some irony there.

Murray
Old 08-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy_ps View Post
Thanks for that.

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be a lot going on here so that's why I seldom show up. Hmmm, some irony there.

Murray
I think it's because you can't win an argument to save your ass. So, you hang out in more friendly territory.

Dave
Old 08-26-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I think it's because you can't win an argument to save your ass. So, you hang out in more friendly territory.

Dave
You take yourself way too seriously. I came over here and posted a humorous story and you go bat-shit crazy over it and then post your anecdotal story about the mechanic as if that has anything to do with the original post.

It's strictly humor and isn't a personal attack on you or anyone here. Sorry that you can't see that.

Continue your personal attacks if that makes you feel better. I doubt that anyone thinks you're scoring any points.

Murray
Old 08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Area Man

Quote:
You take yourself way too seriously. I came over here and posted a humorous story and you go bat-shit crazy over it and then post your anecdotal story about the mechanic as if that has anything to do with the original post.

It's strictly humor and isn't a personal attack on you or anyone here. Sorry that you can't see that.

Continue your personal attacks if that makes you feel better. I doubt that anyone thinks you're scoring any points.

Murray
I did?

No, you attempted to plaigerize and got caught. I was lampooning this and the ridiculous premise of your post and nothing more.

My little story, which happens to be REAL, btw, was posted to demonstrate how Republicans really are. As we all know, but folks like YOU are constantly trying to hide.

I wouldn't be surprised if the beggar in your story wouldn't turn out to BE a Republican.

Dave
Old 08-27-2012, 03:49 AM
Admin

Quote:

Murray
Ad hominem arguments always seem humorous to the attacker. As in barely able to constrain the snickering and outright braying laughter amongst their less than admirable friends and supporters. As a Democrat I find your nasty little humorous bit highly offensive and you're proclivity towards plagerism telling and unfortunately typically classless run of the mill behaviour from that small faction within the Republican party known as Tea Partyists. For a group who loudly and obnoxiously claims the moral high ground in this great country y'all have a blind spot bigger than a Buick when it comes to fair play and/or honesty. Don't you ever wonder why it is that you have to blackmail and bully anyone in the Republican party who shows any hint of moderation to achieve your narrow minded goals? Let me answer that one for you as an outside observer, it is simply that you think you are better than everyone else and that your interpretation of faith is superior and the ends justify the means.

Bat shit crazy enough for you? Dave made a homerun IMO but guess what? It's easy when they come in straight over the plate and pitched underhanded. Keep your day job cause your sense of humor is lacking and your delivery is inadequate.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM

Hey Murray, I watched Full Metal Jacket last night and it made me think of you. Then today I fire up the shop system on Pandora and get this tune, which again makes me think of you. I don't think I've ever thanked you for your service, so let me do it now; Thanks Mang. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ321z681A
Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 PM

Then I got to looking at acoustic stuff, and found this one that reminded me of me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5AN...eature=related