Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:48 PM

Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 63 studies

Useful and interesting data for the adults here:
Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 63 studies
Lots of interesting data at each of the tabs on the site. There is also some high level information like this:
https://c19ivermectin.com/isummary.png
Old 08-16-2021, 07:41 PM

Reduced Risk of Reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 After COVID-19 Vaccination — Kentucky, May–June 2021

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

Quote:
This study found that among Kentucky residents who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, those who were unvaccinated against COVID-19 had significantly higher likelihood of reinfection during May and June 2021. This finding supports the CDC recommendation that all eligible persons be offered COVID-19 vaccination, regardless of previous SARS-CoV-2 infection status.
The takeaway: Even if you're as incredibly stupid as the Insane Clown, get the fucking vaccination!
Old 08-16-2021, 08:34 PM

Major study of Ivermectin, the anti-vaccine crowd’s latest COVID drug, finds ‘no effect whatsoever’

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...o-effect-covid

One would need to be as dumb as a stump to self-medicate with an unproven drug. Trumpkins have shown, again and again, just how stupid and gullible they are.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Major study of Ivermectin, the anti-vaccine crowd’s latest COVID drug, finds ‘no effect whatsoever’

One would need to be as dumb as a stump to self-medicate with an unproven drug. Trumpkins have shown, again and again, just how stupid and gullible they are.
You trust your "authorities" and I'll trust mine.
Old 08-16-2021, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post

It worked for my brother. It worked for his friend's husband. And as the links show in my OP, it's working for a lot of people. "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

I've taken the red pill. You are free to choose for yourself.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:50 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
It worked for my brother. It worked for his friend's husband. And as the links show in my OP, it's working for a lot of people. "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

I've taken the red pill. You are free to choose for yourself.

The fact that they didn't die proves nothing about your wonder drug. Your observation has as much validity as saying that the orange juice they had with breakfast cured COVID.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The fact that they didn't die proves nothing about your wonder drug. Your observation has as much validity as saying that the orange juice they had with breakfast cured COVID.
You are correct, of course. That's why I included the links in the OP that offer empirical evidence.

To use an analogy, the empirical evidence says that Aspirin can cure a headache, and then my brother and his friend, both with headaches, take aspirin and their headache's go away. This sort of discussion used to be so simple. Now the "flat earthers" want to argue that their headaches going away proves nothing.

Meanwhile, I eat well, change the oil regularly in my car, water my plants when we're in a dry spell and drink plenty of water on long distance bike rides. Those things all seem to work for me, though they "prove nothing."

Of course, YMMV.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:57 AM

How many studies proving masks and c-19 vaccines are effective and safe are ignored.
Yet this one is to be believed by the same!

Wonder who stands to profit?

Good guess on who loses.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
How many studies proving masks and c-19 vaccines are effective and safe are ignored.
Good question. Do you have any links that show empirical evidence? Do they take into account the negative effects of masks like this one?: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0422121724.htm

Note: I used that link because it predates the politicization of masks after Rona became a thing in 2020. You know, the days when nobody had a political point to make and science (at least regarding wearing masks) was trustworthy.

Once any part of scientific study becomes politicized, it is important to use extra scrutiny in trusting any source. And the most untrustworthy are "standard news sources". Places like CNN, Fox news, the NYT, NYP, LA Times, WaPo, etc.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:23 AM

How is it that folks that won't vax because it's "experimental" are ok with taking something with a different purpose "off-label"?