Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM

I Just Found Out That I'm A MINORITY

Yes, today after waiting for someone to respond to any posts, I decided to see what other Political Chat forums were out there.

Well low am behold I found 12,200,000 hits, and as I looked down the first page I see Liberal Political Chat ? Not wishing to walk into another swarm of liberals, I laughed, wondering just what a friendly group of liberals would discuss? A Mutual admiration Society, discussing on how they admire one another's abilities to elaborate on a liberal topic, or how badly they bashed a conservative pondent ?

So I searched Liberal Political Chat, and received 1,860,000 hits ! Now that's a murder of liberals !

And went on to search Conservative Political Chat, and received 1.600,000 hits, boy are you guys out numbered !

So now that I was on a roll I searched Centrists Political Chat, and only found 26,400 hits, boy OH boy, I'm A Minority, and it looks like I need Federal Protection before I'm Extinct... HELP !!!! I need Protection $$$$$

Now to find out just what a Political Chat Forum dedicated to only a Liberal, Conservative or Centrist Ideology could possibly find worth talking about ?

BB
Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Area Man

The one titled "Liberal Political Chat" actually has three forums, one for Liberals Only (Of course.), one for Conservatives Only and the third is a combat zone where all they do is talk trash to each other, far worse than anyone here. Last time I logged on (about a year ago) option three was full of angry teabaggers, Occupy wierdos hurling insults back and forth-----and some guy schlepping retirement plans and financial services. The Liberal room was bizarre. Too far left for me. Couldn't say anything without offending someones tender sensibilities.

Never bothered with the conservative room. I got enough of those assholes in the free-for-all forum.

P.s. It's owned by Al Franken.

Dave
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

The reason there are so few centrist groups is that recent studies have indicated that the independent or swing voter is the least informed voter.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The reason there are so few centrist groups is that recent studies have indicated that the independent or swing voter is the least informed voter.
Hey, I resemble that remark.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

While I can not dispute your remark Merry,

I know for myself, that I became a Centrist just so that I wouldn't be labeled as a Republican or a Democrat. Going from the Democratic to the Republican Party, was like moving from one table to another, at the same bar ?

So as an Independent Centrist, I hoped that I could find better candidates to vote for ? No, I have had little luck so far, however Ross was a breath of fresh air, if only the voters could get past his voice. He did give us our first presidentially reprieved felon as president, though, W.J.Clinton, by taking a large block of the conservative vote from G.W.Bush.

I would have to think, that anyone that has changed their political views would be better informed than those that just hold the line, because their grandfathers, grandfather was a Dem/Rep, and I am going to do the same.

I would like to see a Voter Eligibility Examination given before anyone was allowed to vote. All that would be needed to vote would be your ability to identify the four candidates running for office.

BB

Last edited by Big_Bill; 03-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Loyal Opposition

For the record, Bill, I believe that you are independent in your views. Nevertheless, the views you have espoused here, particularly in light of the extremely harsh insults you have aimed at liberals, are anything but centrist.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
For the record, Bill, I believe that you are independent in your views. Nevertheless, the views you have espoused here, particularly in light of the extremely harsh insults you have aimed at liberals, are anything but centrist.

Regards,

D-Ray

D-Ray,

Are you calling me a LIBERAL ?

BB
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
D-Ray,

Are you calling me a LIBERAL ?

BB
I might have promised to refrain from insults, but I did not pledge to dish out flattery, so no I did not call you a liberal.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I might have promised to refrain from insults, but I did not pledge to dish out flattery, so no I did not call you a liberal.

Regards,

D-Ray

Fueuw ! For a minute "D", I thought I saw my life had pass before my very eyes !

As my views are mostly centrist, and are influenced by the written Constitution of the United States of America ! I do not believe in interfering with the rights of others. That is their responsibility and decisions to make.

However, some here just enjoy attacking and killing the bearer of anything that they can perceive as different than they "may" believe. In other word, they are happy to attack anything that happens to enter their perceived domain.

Now I may have been harsh at times, but only in self-defense, as I do not believe in turning "the other cheek", especially when kicked.

So by any standards, I am a tough Centrist, with personal leanings that are both right leaning and left leaning, but consistent with our Constitution, without cutting, pasting and destroying the Founding Fathers wise intentions.

BB
Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

You sure do use a lot of ink (or electrons in this case) in flattering yourself, BB. From everything you've written on this board, I wouldn't consider you a centrist by any stretch of the imagination. If I had to use a label, it would be "Tea Partier in denial."