Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 PM

Exclamation Barack H. Obama and your Second Amendment Rights !

Chris W. Cox
NRA-ILA Executive Director
02/17/2012
Obama’s Budget is a Sneak Attack on our Second Amendment
Freedoms
Editorial in The Daily Caller
Ever since taking office, President Barack Obama has tried desperately to convince gun owners and
sportsmen that he supports the Second Amendment. But actions speak louder than words, and Obama's
latest budget proposal contains numerous sneak attacks aimed at the heart of our firearm freedoms.
For example, NRA members and gun owners fought hard for a law to ban government agencies like the
Centers for Disease Control from using our tax dollars to produce blatant anti-gun propaganda. Obama
wants to kill it in his budget.
We fought hard for a law to ban the Obama administration from spending our tax dollars on illegal
schemes like Operation Fast and Furious, which funneled thousands of guns to violent Mexican drug
cartels. Obama wants to kill it in his budget.
We fought hard to protect the Federal Flight Deck Officer program, which allows armed, trained
commercial airline pilots to serve as the last line of defense should terrorists breach the cockpit and
attempt another 9/11-style attack. Obama wants to slash the funding for this potentially life-saving
program in half.
Perhaps he doesn't have the money to protect airline passengers because he spent it all sending guns to
Mexico.
We fought hard for a law that prevents the Obama White House from spending our tax dollars to ban
shotguns and to stop historic and collectible firearms from being imported into the United States. Obama
wants to kill both of these in his budget.
Obama's budgetary assault on our gun rights doesn't stop there. For years gun owners have been buying
and recycling our military's spent brass as a way to keep the cost of firearm ownership down. Not
anymore. If Obama gets his way with the budget, all of this brass will be melted at taxpayers' expense.
You have to ask yourself: If Obama is so serious about protecting our gun rights, what's so wrong with
stopping government agencies from using our tax dollars to attack our Second Amendment rights?
With innocent lives being cut short on both the U.S. and Mexican side of our border, why would Obama
go out of his way to reject a ban on funding for illegal operations like Fast and Furious?
The answer is simple. Everything Barack Obama says about protecting the Second Amendment is a
bald-faced lie. He will use every weapon at his disposal — including our hard-earned tax dollars — in his
mission to destroy our Second Amendment freedoms.
The Second Amendment is America's first freedom, because it's the one freedom that guarantees all of our precious liberties. Barack Obama's values have never been, and will never be, compatible with this
freedom. His latest budget proposal proves it.

http://home.nra.org/ds/flex_funcs/pd...&method=inline
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I suppose the GOP's use of the Catholic Church to criticize Obama backfired. Why not try the NRA now? After the recent school shootings, this will fall flat as well.

I own about a dozen guns and don't feel threatened whatsoever by Obama. The GOP is just trying to find the right strings to pull to get your attention, Bill. Gun control is a non-issue in this election cycle and the GOP is trying to elevate it. Ignore them.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I suppose the GOP's use of the Catholic Church to criticize Obama backfired. Why not try the NRA now? After the recent school shootings, this will fall flat as well.

I own about a dozen guns and don't feel threatened whatsoever by Obama. The GOP is just trying to find the right strings to pull to get your attention, Bill. Gun control is a non-issue in this election cycle and the GOP is trying to elevate it. Ignore them.

I suppose that our age Finn,
That we can ignore just about everything except troops breaking down the doors demanding our firearms. We can even ignore the dismantling of the Constitution of the United States, after all, we will be dead soon enough anyway. We don't need our firearms, or that old piece of paper.

But what will we leave our children and grandchildren, other than a crushed economy, a populous in kayos, a government of opportunists and thieves ?
I had hopes of leaving them something better, but your correct, I won't be here very long.

I do hope that the younger owners of firearms, fight for their freedoms, stand tall and rebuild America and her economy and even cast out the liars and thieves from Washington D.C.. We didn't, shame on us.

Bill
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Loyal Opposition

Oh! The drama, the drama . . . .

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Lots of claptrap there, BB.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 PM

echoes of McCarthyism
Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM

The Democrats learned their lesson about gun control. And the lesson they learned is not to talk about it...unless you want to lose some elections.

Beyond that, their ideology hasn't changed, only their tactics.

Chas
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Area Man

Nobody is coming after your penis, oh sorry, my bad...your guns, so relax, geek.

Dave
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Nobody is coming after your penis, oh sorry, my bad...your guns, so relax, geek.

Dave

Bad day at work Dave ?

Or just a case of penis envy ?

Bill
Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Area Man

It's a referral to Freud and "compensation". You know, men who are inadequate "down there" or suffer from other sexual insecurities must compensate with toys that make them feel masculine. Like a rack full of guns, for instance.

Dave