Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mortality_rate
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Looks to me we are a 3rd world country when it comes to healthcare for it's citizens. Technology does no good if it is inaccessible. Germany does just fine with it's health care system and if we were not a totally corrupt system we could adopt it.

Carl
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
After careful reading of the posts of Liberals and Conservatives, I believe that I have found the Answer.

When a Liberal posts that we need a One Payer Health Care System, they are saying that They want a One Payer Health Care System. They don't want to pay for it, but they want it.

If a Conservative post that we need a One Payer Health Care System, He is being altruistic, and understands that this will have to be payed for, but due to unfortunate circumstances of some within our society, they should be helped.

So basically we have those that want more services for free, because of circumstances beyond their control.
We have those that want more services for free, but they could afford to provide these services for themselves, but do not want too pay for them.
And we have those that see the benefit of having these services, and provide them for themselves, some can barely afford these services, some sacrifice to have these services, others have less problems getting these services.

So here we have it, these services are available for a cost, the very poor receive them through Medicare and Medicaid and Charity Care Charities.

LIBERALS, Parasites.
Then there are those that want these services without paying for them, they could provide them for themselves but are not willing to pay for them. So they cry for those that can not afford them in hopes of having them provided to them free. Even though many of them could easily afford them.

CONSERVATIVES, Hosts.
Now we have those that see the benefits of having these services, and even with sacrifices provide them for themselves, because they see the benefits of them. Others in better financial situations have less difficulty providing these services.

So we have LIBERAL Parasites, that want everything from the CONSERVATIVE Hosts. The Old Ant and Grasshopper analogy. Them that work for what they have, and those that want what they worked for.

As for practicing what they preach, Liberals donate 75% less to Charitable Organizations than Conservatives ? Now does that sound to you that they want to help the less fortunate of our society, or that they are more interested in keeping up their lifestyles ?

But a funny thing happened on the way to liberalism. Americans who believe in “income redistribution” give 75% less to charity than Americans who do not, according to Dr. Brooks. That is a stunning differential. I believe this is a religious thing. Liberals believe in individual gratification, and that often takes money. Buying that jazzy new SUV and that vacation home can deplete disposable cash fast. If it’s all about you, then you are thinking about you, not about poor Dave down the street. talkingpoints.wordpress.com

The one thing that they have not contemplated is just what will they do when the destroy all of the Hosts that provide them with substance ? Or when the Hosts seek medications to relieve themselves of this infestation of these Parasitic liberal infestation.

Bill
The only purpose for such a demeaning and provocative post is to engage in the practice otherwise known as trolling. It is clear from the tone of the post that it was not intended to engender any useful discussion. It is at its very best, a rant.

BTW, quite a right wing rant for one who claims to be a centerist (sic).

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You mention Single Payer presumably like Canada's system. When I lived there I paid 0.8% on my taxable income as well as $54 per month for the family plan, so where is the BS about asking others to pay my way. Believe me Canadians are in far better health than Americans because they get preventative medicine, they don't wait until the are sick. CAse in point at 81 years of age I take no prescribed medications, my blood pressure runs about 120 over 65 on a bad day.

Congratulations Merrylander,

I am happy that you are in such fine shape.

However you are subsidized by others taxes, do you believe that you could buy any health care for that amount of money ?

You were a Liberal Parasite on Canada, taking from the better off to pay for your health care that you didn't feel like paying for.

Bill
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Area Man

Amazing. Just amazing. No wonder this country is falling behind.
With so many falling for this "every man for himself" ideology how could it possibly go any other way?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-15-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Loyal Opposition

Hey Rob, when was the last time you participated in the Canadian health care system? IIRC, it was well over 20 years ago, I have also observed that the cost of health care has increased at an exponential rate over the last 20-25 years. I would venture a guess that the amount you paid toward your coverage at that time would be at or above what many here paid as their share of employer provided health coverage.

But wait, don't the employers get tax deductions for the amounts they pay toward employee health coverage? So we the taxpayers have been subsidizing the employer's cost of attracting and retaining employees. Always knew those damn employers were parasites.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Of course Mitt pays more taxes (Although I do pay a greater percentage.) and contributes more to charity than me. He can. He's a whole lot wealthier than me.

Mitt contributes a whole lot more percentage was to charity than you also. and he pays a whole lot more in taxes than you do.

But he receives the same Government Services that You do, not any more.

I'm sorry, but this thread makes no sense, Bill. Seriously. When have I "cried" about giving to charity? Or paying my taxes? And, how can you possibly know that I don't?

There's only one set of folks who I hear disparaging "the poor" or raising hell about having to pay taxes. And they do it constantly, 24/7/365. Even make comments alluding to revolution over it. Just tune into the EIB network or FoxNews and bend an ear.

Yes Dave, The Hosts that are tired of Liberal Parasites sucking on them, want them to become productive citizens, and work for the benefits that the need, and want. Not whine that they are oppressed unfairly.

And, just who would that be?

Answer me that.

Dave

The Productive Hosts, that you call conservatives, want what they have earned and produced through their hard work.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Area Man

The only people I hear complaining that they are "oppressed" these days ARE the so-called "hosts" that you speak of. All they do is whine anymore. That's all you have been doing in this thread, all day long. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

The rest of us are just trying to make a living and get by as best we can. Which gets harder and harder as wages are suppressed and more cost of benefits is pushed down the scale.

Why can't you see that?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Area Man

"The Productive Hosts, that you call conservatives, want what they have earned and produced through their hard work."

Oh, yes, of course. We've all heard. You are the center of the universe. You do ALL of the work and carry the rest of the world on your back. Poor, impoverished and overburdened baby. We all owe you whatever you demand of us.

Yawn.

I've been up all night, working and all day taking care of personal business. Your insanity is wearing me out.

Time for a nap.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM

For those of you that like Canada's Health Care System better, their Accidental Hospital Death rate is 245,000 for a population of 33,500,000. While here in the United States the Accidental Hospital Death Rate is 97,860 for a population od 313,000,000.

It seems to me that Canada's System needs lots of improvement.

Bill
Old 02-15-2012, 06:16 PM

You just proved a point Mr Bill. More people go to the hospital to get care in Canada. With the near 100% coverage in Canada you would expect the number to be higher. If you can't go to the hospital then not much of a chance some accident will happen right?

Barney