Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Resident octogenarian

You mention Single Payer presumably like Canada's system. When I lived there I paid 0.8% on my taxable income as well as $54 per month for the family plan, so where is the BS about asking others to pay my way. Believe me Canadians are in far better health than Americans because they get preventative medicine, they don't wait until the are sick. CAse in point at 81 years of age I take no prescribed medications, my blood pressure runs about 120 over 65 on a bad day.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
How big of YOU Dave,

So why are you not willing to pay for these services for yourself ?

And as far as Mitt Romney, he gives more to charities than you pay taxes, and he's not crying about it either. Conservatives put their money where their mouths are.

And I use France's Health Care System as an example, because it is rated as the Best in the World.

Bill
Of course Mitt pays more taxes (Although I do pay a greater percentage.) and contributes more to charity than me. He can. He's a whole lot wealthier than me.

I'm sorry, but this thread makes no sense, Bill. Seriously. When have I "cried" about giving to charity? Or paying my taxes? And, how can you possibly know that I don't?

There's only one set of folks who I hear disparaging "the poor" or raising hell about having to pay taxes. And they do it constantly, 24/7/365. Even make comments alluding to revolution over it. Just tune into the EIB network or FoxNews and bend an ear.

And, just who would that be?

Answer me that.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-15-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
And I use France's Health Care System as an example, because it is rated as the Best in the World.

Bill
If you wish to engage in a debate about public policy based upon juicy anecdotes and cherry-picked statistics, I'm sure the American "system" could provide hundreds of excellent examples of how and why we are not being appropriately served by our current system. When it comes to horror stories on the subject on human health and suffering, examples abound the world over.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
If you wish to engage in a debate about public policy based upon juicy anecdotes and cherry-picked statistics, I'm sure the American "system" could provide hundreds of excellent examples of how and why we are not being appropriately served by our current system. When it comes to horror stories on the subject on human health and suffering, examples abound the world over.
Hundreds? I'm sure we could find THOUSANDS of examples of how our current system doesn't appropriately serve some of the people-----------at all.

Dave
Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Hundreds? I'm sure we could find THOUSANDS of examples of how our current system doesn't serve some of the people-----------at all.

Dave
Yeh, but only liberal parasites believe that.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Recently I've had a first hand look at how the US system treats the working poor.

It's excellent.

Pete
Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yeh, but only liberal parasites believe that.
Gaw! Is this unbelieveable, or what, Pat? You've read my comments on this subject many times. I've also said, "If we can find a way to cover everyone through the free market, great. I just don't see how." Haven't I? When are they going to figure it out?

It's the exclusivity that we don't like. People shouldn't have to pay, with their healthcare needs, for being unemployed, or retired. This is what I believe. Why should the rest of us pay to cover them? Why can't they just go get their own?

How do you.............WHEN YOU HAVE NO INCOME? (Or sufficient income as the case may be.)

Good God! I swear, it's like the thickheaded have formed their own political movement.

Dave
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Gaw! Is this unbelieveable, or what, Pat? You've read my comments on this subject many times. I've also said, "If we can find a way to cover everyone through the free market, great. I just don't see how." Haven't I? When are they going to figure it out?

It's the exclusivity that we don't like. People shouldn't have to pay, with their healthcare needs, for being unemployed, or retired. This is what I believe. Why should the rest of us pay to cover them? Why can't they just go get their own?

How do you.............WHEN YOU HAVE NO INCOME? (Or sufficient income as the case may be.)

Good God! I swear, it's like the thickheaded have formed their own political movement.

Dave
I think no country has succeeded in offering perfect health care, in terms of quality, coverage and cost. I think that we excel in the area of treatment quality (for those that get it), notwithstanding plenty of horror stories to the contrary.

With respect to coverage and cost, we suck hind tit. Big time.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Resident octogenarian

As one of the Seasoned Citizens our health insurance runs about $10,000 per year. That was last year, when I get all the data together I will give you the new numbers, so BB all I can say is Chuck you Farley.

Oh yeah, for about $1200 a year to Medicare Part B I get a flu shot.

Last edited by merrylander; 02-15-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
After careful reading of the posts of Liberals and Conservatives, I believe that I have found the Answer.

Bill

You need to keep reading Bill. Your making a self serving assumption to use parasite and host as examples.

As one who thinks a single payer system ran as a non-profit for all is the only true good way to cover all. I don't believe it should be free but means tested for payment. Those that can afford pay more then those that can't. That is were some will find fault. This should be taken out of your income taxes so for the cash black market crowd they will have some explaining to do! This might be where some fear the government getting involved in their business.

I willingly pay my taxes, just would like more oversight on how it is spent. Two people will see a add for a lawyer who will tackle your IRS problems. One will see a person trying to steal funds from the government that they legally owe. The other will think it is great for someone to get out of what they owe the government. I leave it to you to decide who the conservative might be.

How can one not want to have insurance coverage for all. Not have to worry that their kids will have insurance when they are on their own. Not have to stay in or worry about losing a job because of insurance.

I have insurance, some would say very good. But it is expensive and covers less and less each year. I could sit back and not worry about the many people I know who are without insurance. But I do, some have not been to a doctor other then an emergency in years. I fear for a them because heart disease cancer and diabetics all run in the family.

Just had a friend who lost her job and insurance, felt bad but waited to go to the hospital. Finally decided to go, died in the entry way of the hospital. Come to find out she had at least another milder heart attack a day or two before. So now two young girls are without a mother, father is already dead. This I feel should not happen in my country.

Barney