Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
What he said, and where is all this voter fraud other than that stupid woman in Florida back in 2000.

Dave
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 AM

I'm required to have a valid state issued photo ID with the correct corresponding address. Next photo ID I have to get will be an experience, From what I've been hearing you have to show three forms of ID, to prove you are a citizen. Plus they have raised the fee's of course to cover the extra checking.

I was fine with just signing in the book next to your name. At the polling location where you were registered. Up to a couple of years ago that was all you needed.

Barney
Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Loyal Opposition

This proponents of these voter ID measures are attacking a problem that affects only a fraction of one percent of votes by disenfranchising up to ten percent of the voters. That is someone's idea of promoting democracy? Of course, some people promote a police state because it has an incremental effect in lowering crime.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-28-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
This proponents of these voter ID measures are attacking a problem that affects only a fraction of one percent of votes by disenfranchising up to ten percent of the voters. That is someone's idea of promoting democracy? Of course, some people promote a police state because it has an incremental effect in lowering crime.

Regards,

D-Ray

Was not the biggest documented voter fraud in Ohio' 2004 election involving Diebold under counting ?

I thought an executive was prosecuted and later pleaded out to have hacked the software to under count Democratic votes. IIRC he was pretty high up in the states Republican party at the time.

I think it was hard to prove how bad it really was due to lack of a paper trail left by the voting machines.

Barney
Old 01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Was not the biggest documented voter fraud in Ohio' 2004 election involving Diebold under counting ?

I thought an executive was prosecuted and later pleaded out to have hacked the software to under count Democratic votes. IIRC he was pretty high up in the states Republican party at the time.

I think it was hard to prove how bad it really was due to lack of a paper trail left by the voting machines.

Barney
And having ten IDs per voter would have done nothing to address that fraud.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yeah, right.

More like those who hide behind a guise of honesty, propped up with half rotten beams of self righteousness and hidden behind quazi-religous smokescreens of sappy halfwitted patriotism. The lies are so deep and straining under the burden of their own weight I cannot help but wonder when some small thing, a singular word or action will expose the whole stinking mountain of slogans, cliches and other vapid flagwaiving oral excressence for what it really is.......an elaborate excuse for reverse-robinhoodism-----the unhindered transfer of wealth and power to those who need another dollar like they need a freer hand to exploit those in their charge for profit, power and the spilling of blood for personal gain.

Unfortunately, this has become a bipartsan effort, IMO. But, from my point of view those with the largest capacity to shovel it and have the gullible masses eat it up are the ones clutching a Bible in one hand and waiving the flag with the other. (A friendly nod to Mr. Sinclair.)

Give them whatever they want, including your life. Because if you don't you obviously "hate America".........Right? .

Chew on that for a while.

And have a good weekend!

Dave
Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla,, Bla,

Save the oral dysentery for someone that cares to read it.

If everyone is willing to give up their secret voters, there has to be a reason.

Like maybe they control the "New and Improved Voting Machines", and now NONE of our votes count. Think about it.

Bill

I have said before that these political parties are one and the same, you only believe that you have a "choice".
Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Admin

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/28/146006...te?ft=1&f=1001
Old 01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray
No, it's their way of weakening democracy and instituting corporatocracy.

Dave
Old 01-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Barney
Yep, right you are that pious, Godly Republicans lie and cheat too. Their sheep are just more deeply brainwashed.

Dave
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I understand the politics of both sides on this argument. That said, having some sort of ID seems reasonable to me. While one may speak of disenfranchisement, the remedy for the aggrieved party is pretty easy (i.e., get an ID).