Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
That must have sounded spectacular, Dave. Always wanted a reel to reel.
It did. The best sounding tape I have is Holsts "The Planets" at 7.5 Ips.

So get one. The decks aren't all that hard to find and if you shop carefully, you can get a good one for not too much money.

The problem is tape. Pre-recordeds and unused blanks in good shape are tough to find outside the internet. New tape is available but mucho expensivo.

Revox still does factory service for their decks at JMAudio Arts. There is a cutoff date, but my deck was manufactured in '78 and they did the work on it.

Dave
Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I have the Saint Saens Organ Concerto #3 on RTR the 32 fot pipes come through ia a way that the LP simply cannot manage.

As soon as I get the balance of this hardwood laid I can get all the stereo back together again. Have a section 22" x 14'-0" and 41" x 10'- 0" to do.
I love that Saint Saens piece!!!

Dave
Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I don't take anything personal here. I give as good as I get too, so no worries. My Doc told me I could get disability because of my knees (mostly the right one) and I laughed. Then he said, will you at least take a handicapped placard so you don't have to walk across concrete parking lots. I told him that probably wouldn't look good on a pipefitter truck. I wake up every morning and eat a handful of pills with my coffee, and hit the road. Some days the pain is so bad I want cry, but I'll make it to retirement if I have to crawl. See it used to be when service fitters got my age, we all had apprentices that did the heavy lifting in exchange for knowledge. It ain't that way anymore. Now they use the apprentices on projects because they have to bid them so low. Us old shot out bastards are on our own. When I was growing up I knew two old dudes with MS, one of them worked to the day he died (in a wheel chair at the end) running a grocery store, and one worked until he died at a grain elevator. He did odd jobs on the side and would hire me to help him. I remember I hated riding with him because when he had to stop, he would lift his right leg up with his hands and stick it on the brake. I know 3 middle aged guys that have it now, and all three are on disability. Just sayin the facts, right or wrong.
I have a bum knee, (Injured in the service. Not a combat wound. Tripped on a broken sidewalk.), Carny Complex (Look it up.), chronic depression and at the moment a hernia at the bottom end of an old incision where I had my open heart surgery. Working twelve hours a day, Never collected a dime in disability.

But, I still support it's availability for those who need it. Just wish we did a better job of filtering out those who don't.

Dave