Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If only the Democrats would've had complete control of the Federal government when Obama was first elected. Just imagine the wonderful things they could've done.

Pete
What complete control?

They had 60 Senators with a "D" behind their name, which doesn't mean shit if a half dozen of them are voting with the far right.

It takes 60 votes to pass anything meaningful.

If there are only 60 Democrats then all the billionaires have to do is buy one of them.

In the case of Obamacare they went ahead and bought 5 or 6 just so they would have a cushion.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 07-03-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
What complete control?

They had 60 Senators with a "D" behind their name, which doesn't mean shit if a half dozen of them are voting with the far right.

It takes 60 votes to pass anything meaningful.

If there are only 60 Democrats then all the billionaires have to do is buy one of them.

In the case of Obamacare they went ahead and bought 5 or 6 just so they would have a cushion.
I chuckle every time I hear the crazy & absurd idea that Dems are some sot of monolithic voting bloc. It boggles the mind. We Dems are notorius for being a fractious and noisy bunch who would come to blows were it not for a little wine and some smoke. Then out come the drums, guitars and the occasional banjo and it's all Kumbaya and labor protest songs.

Well, that's the way it is at my family reunions.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:13 AM

When will this Commie President stop adding so many jobs!? He's killing the narrative!

Local Tea Hatter congressional candidate running an ad saying "unemployment is still over 10%". Looking particularly stupid today. Only marginally more than every other day.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If only the Democrats would've had complete control of the Federal government when Obama was first elected. Just imagine the wonderful things they could've done.

Pete
It's a good point. If that had been the case, I imagine things would be a damn sight better than they are. Oh well. Maybe more Americans will realize this and it will happen someday.

Republicans had the White House and both houses of Congress for a load of years. You can see how badly they fucked up everything. We're still clawing our way out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Thank God President Obama has gotten us moving the right way again.

Last edited by Fast_Eddie; 07-04-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
When will this Commie President stop adding so many jobs!? He's killing the narrative!
He's reversing a trend.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/...LEFTTopStories
Old 07-04-2014, 11:51 AM

We're still reducing the denominator:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-...bor-force-june

This means that there were 92,120,000 Americans 16 and older who not only did not have a job, but did not actively seek one in the last four weeks.

That is up 111,000 from the 92,009,000 Americans who were not participating in the labor force in April.

In June, according to BLS, the labor force participation rate for Americans was 62.8 percent, matching a 36-year low. The participation rate is the percentage of the population that either has a job or actively sought one in the last four weeks.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

This means that there were 92,120,000 Americans 16 and older who not only did not have a job, but did not actively seek one in the last four weeks.

That is up 111,000 from the 92,009,000 Americans who were not participating in the labor force in April.

In June, according to BLS, the labor force participation rate for Americans was 62.8 percent, matching a 36-year low. The participation rate is the percentage of the population that either has a job or actively sought one in the last four weeks.
While the figures reported may not be in dispute, your choice of outlet for your news is downright hilarious. Love the banner advert for Dinesh's latest sci-fi movie.

"CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like NPR. CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like PBS.
CNSNews.com relies on individuals like you to help us report the news the liberal media distort and ignore. Please make a tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com today. Your continued support will ensure that CNSNews.com is here reporting THE TRUTH, for a long time to come. It's fast, easy and secure."

Not funded by the gubmint but it is tax deductible 'foundation'? How ironic.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:

Any negative aspects of the economy can be laid at your feet and the feet of those like you. You are the ones that vote in the bastards that are working to sabotage the economy in order to make Obama look bad.

Not only that you come here every day and carry the water for them by spreading their lies and propaganda.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Any negative aspects of the economy can be laid at your feet and the feet of those like you. You are the ones that vote in the bastards that are working to sabotage the economy in order to make Obama look bad.

Not only that you come here every day and carry the water for them by spreading their lies and propaganda.
Thanks Tom. You're always good for laugh.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Admin

Quote:
Thanks Tom. You're always good for laugh.
As are you Mike. How's the headhunting biz working for ya?